Still...Keeping Track newsletter #66

Started by ALB, March 02, 2015, 11:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

All POG members should be receiving their latest copy of "Still .... Keeping Track" newsletter as of this posting.
The Spring 2015 Issue no. 66 contains:
Member Profile - Bob Neruda
Tanker Talk - The 1968 Inter-am race at New Philadelphia, OH
Heather and George on the radio
John Penton Day
Tech Tips - General Service Info no. 13 - Rebuilding Ceriani 35mm forks

and more.  [8D]

If you do not receive your copy of this newsletter, then your are not a member or your membership has expired.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Randy Kirkbride

skiracer

Thanks Al!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Kip Kern

ALB

Randy,
I'm happy that you enjoyed reading Bob Neruda's story.
Bob has been in touch with me ever since he first contacted me. For the past few years he calls almost every day and used to leave phone messages on the answering machine up until my phone system got an electrical surge last year and burnt out the answering machine function. He has shared his stories and his current ups and downs with me during his calls all of those years and has lived a life that is not ordinary. He lives his life according to one of John Penton's philosophies - "don't let anyone tell you what you cannot do". That is one of the reasons why I chose him for the "Member Profile" in the current issue of this newsletter. I appreciate him allowing me to share it with all of members. He has many other stories that were not printed to keep the article from getting too drawn out and to keep it focused as much as possible on motorcycles and keeping it positive.

Bob is not a computer person and only looks on the internet from time to time with the assistance of his children, so don't expect him to make any replies on this message board. He is going to try and be at Ric Smit's swap meet in Indiana this Saturday and hopes to make it to Mid-Ohio this year. So, if you run into him at these events, make sure that you thank him for his story. For those of you who will not have an opportunity to see him, give me a call and I will be happy to supply you with his phone number. A phone call from some of you guys will be a nice unexpected surprise for him.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

skiracer

Is there a contact email address to get hold of Bob Neruda?  I want to ask him a few questions about the jerseys he is wearing in those photos.

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

ALB

As I stated, Bob is not a computer person, thus he has no e-mail.
Give him a call 708-442-6570. He will be happy to talk to you.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner