Sachs 125 Kicker

Started by jasonlamar, April 10, 2015, 12:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonlamar

Getting ready for Diamond Dons next week and my the kicker on my motor hung up or stuck or however you would describe that it will not turn the motor and will not depress.  I had ridden it pretty good the weekend prior.  I ended up putting it in third gear and rolling it back in forth.  At first just to make sure motor wasn't stuck.  Kicker was still not moving, but I started lightly pressing down while rolling it and the kicker started moving again.  All seems normal again.  Any idiea what was going on?  Symptom of bigger issue?  How many Penton's will we see in Texas next weekend?
Thanks and Cheers!

Paul Danik

Greetings,

In thinking about your non-kicking kicker a few thoughts come to mind. Obviously there could be an issue somewhere inside the mechanism, but possibly it is something simpler.

Did you by chance let the fuel turned on while the bike was parked allowing fuel to possibly fill the bottom end creating a hydro-lock situation?

Is there interference between the shift lever and the kick starter, if so one or the other might need moved slightly on the splines. This situation usually causes more issues with shifting than starting as the shifter won't return properly after a shift is made, but it is worth looking at.

Is the rubber O-ring that seals the area where the kick starter shaft passes into the shifter mechanism in place? Possibly some contaminants worked there way into this area creating some binding.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Paul Danik

Greetings,

In thinking about your non-kicking kicker a few thoughts come to mind. Obviously there could be an issue somewhere inside the mechanism, but possibly it is something simpler.

Did you by chance let the fuel turned on while the bike was parked allowing fuel to possibly fill the bottom end creating a hydro-lock situation?

Is there interference between the shift lever and the kick starter, if so one or the other might need moved slightly on the splines. This situation usually causes more issues with shifting than starting as the shifter won't return properly after a shift is made, but it is worth looking at.

Is the rubber O-ring that seals the area where the kick starter shaft passes into the shifter mechanism in place? Possibly some contaminants worked there way into this area creating some binding.

Hope this helps.

Paul