On to Wauseon (or bust).

Started by Dale Fisher, July 13, 2015, 07:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

No time to rest as we are busy organizing for participating for the first time at the AMCA Wauseon National Motorcycle Swap Meet and Show.  Our footprint will definitely not be as large as VMD but hope a smaller display will still attract interest.  If you are able to bring a bike or help us out with setup, manning the space, or packing up Sunday please contact me ASAP!

[email protected]

http://www.wauseonnationalmeet.org/

The Schedule
Free Admission except for Races  •  Parking is $5.00
Friday July 17
More than 500 vendors selling antique motorcycles and parts over 35 years old.  Motorcycle races begin at 6:30PM
Saturday July 18
More vending, Memorial Run and field games, Tech Seminar
Sunday July 19
Antique motorcycle show and judging 9 AM until Noon

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

thrownchain

For those who have not been to Wauseon, it is smaller and much more laid back. Lots of trees for shade, much cheaper to attend. Lots of older bikes and parts.

Dale Fisher

We have become the masters of the quick exit something that would make a Nascar pit crew proud.  With pending inclement weather bearing down on our location the display at Wauseon was removed much earlier than expected.  Upon exiting the venue I noticed four or five twisted E-Z up frames cast off to the side.  More of the sights, stories, and  scale of this event to follow [8D]
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

firstturn

Dale I am happy you got out early.  Looks like some bad storms in that area.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Fisher

The rain started as the last EZ-up was being folded up.  Paul, Al, Scott and I hunkered down in the 24' club trailer when the big blow and main rain came.  When the storm passed our space was flooded with a couple inches of water and debris from other vendors spaces.  Everything that needed to stay dry had been loaded.  The two bikes left to load into the back of my truck were going to get wet anyways.

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Kip Kern

Had a great time, Dale, Scott and Paul did a fantastic job at the POG booth while I was running around buying and selling stuff.  Al had a nice set up in the swap.  Can't wait until next year, jealous of Chicago Jerry, got a Steel Tanker for $400?  Lucky!

Dale Fisher

The AMCA provided the group a warm welcome for the event and our space to display was changed from the original planned location.  Dale Walkster of Wheels in Time fame was unable to make it this year and his annual prime location was ours for this event.  Centrally located next to the area where the field games and barn find bikes would be judged was to say the least fantastic.  Foot traffic was very heavy on Friday and Saturday.  Since half of our area was a soggy muddy mess from previous rain the BMW and NSU were only on display Saturday.  They added additional appeal and I think drew a few more folks to our side of the street.  It was a difficult decision to pack up and leave early.  Listed below is a link to my Flickr album ( I will be adding comments soon).  Some pics added to this reply.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79756468@N06/sets/72157653736541384

Notice something a little different in the cycle mix?  Barn find bikes in the foreground....

Our little piece of Wauseon....

"Josh" and Paul waiting for the morning crowd.

Scott and Tom browsing the barn finds.

Friday night 1/2 mile flat track racing at it's best.

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

ISDT Vet sporting a John Penton Grand Marshall shirt seen at the Wauseon flat track races.  Do you recognize him?

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

ALB

Dale,

Your photos are fantastic!
I'm glad that you found some time to break away from the POG Display to shoot some photos and attend the dirt track races.

As shown with Dale's photos, at this event (and also Mid-Ohio), you don't have to necessarily walk around to see things. If you just find a spot to sit still and watch, you will see things - like all the strange contraptions that people have built and ride around on. I was hoping that you took a photo of the "mobile bar" that was being driven around -very different and interesting.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner