Missing Dane Leimbach

Started by firstturn, September 18, 2015, 08:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Today would have been Dane's 64 Birthday.  Great Man and truly missed.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kevin Grimes

Ron,
I have a poster in the shop that has both Dane and Ted on it. I look at it and think about all the greats that have passed way to early.
Kevin

Steve Minor

Dane was the original MacGyver...always had that multi-tool on his belt. Super guy that left us far too soon.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

paul a. busick

Dane was my dear friend.  Hardly a day goes by that I do not think of him.  Dane was a class act with great talent.  Amherst Paul

DKWRACER

Dane was more than a super guy. My only experience with him, was at the Tulsa RR. Arriving, I did not know, what I was to encounter. In that event, I was paired with "Young Ted"  Now that is a story...for your enjoyment, Dane was there, Young Ted was there, both, our minutes...secure, in the feeling, and worth every penny!
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

SouthRider

As a teen Dane was one of my idols, and someone that I looked up to from afar. He was just always known as being such a fastidious mechanic, and someone who you wanted to emulate.

Fast forward to 2007 at New Blaine, and Don Burgess introduced me to Dane, who instantly became a good friend.

While building my Berkshire I knew in the back of my mind as I chose each fastener, carefully placed each wire & routed every cable that eventually Dane would see it. It became paramount to build & install every component in the absolute "correct" manner.

The bike in great part became the build that it is due to simply wanting to be respected by such a competent craftsman.

Such a shame to lose him so early..............

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

VICTOR MONZ

I knew Dane for many years, me as a young "wide eyed" weekender at Meadowlarks.  He would be there early setting up the MX course or Harescramble course, and I walked with him many times in the dead of winter, snow, ice and cold.  He would give pointers on how to maneuver the track and would offer his time to anyone, even a weekender like me. Then I would usually just see the back of his jersey as he flew by me in the woods.  I could never figure out how he made it between trees, then told me years later, the handlebars were cut down a few inches.

I had "hot chocolates" and those "green hot dogs" in the Clubhouse between motos or waiting for trophies, my life was blessed to have known him and Ted, his brother, may God be them both.

victor monz