FIM 2016 ISDE Vintage Trophy

Started by brian kirby, November 03, 2015, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

The FIM has announced that the 2016 ISDE in Navarra Spain will include a Vintage class. They are not clear on what Vintage means, or how the riders will be selected/invited, but it seems to indicate that it will be just regular vintage racers from around the world and not former ISDT/ISDE vets.

"Next year's event will include thefirst ever FIM Enduro Vintage Trophy*, which will take place during the last two days of the 2016  ISDE. This will consist of the following programme, Saturday course, test and acceleration test  and  Sunday cross final.  International vintage  riders from  all  over  the World  will  be  invited to  join  this  first edition,  so  that  the  historical  motorcycles  from  over  thirty  years  ago  will  ride  again  as  part  of  this  prestigious event."

I have no idea if I could be invited, or how I would get my bike over there, but I am going to put serious effort into making this happen.

I guess the first thing to do would be to contact the AMA?

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

I know its highly unlikely, but possibly KTM or Husqvarna could help in some way? I've got several of both brands, but obviously for an event like this I would want to ride my '72 Berkshire.

Brian
Brian

derek martin

That'll be super cool Brian - best of luck on this great adventure.

tooclose racing

Please continue to follow and provide updates to the POG, Brian. From the video, looks like a special course/loops for vintage guys?

Promise us that if you take the Berkie - you will actually wash it and have it all shiny for the Parc Ferme before Day 1. Only you can show up at Unadilla XC with a Penton still dirty from your previous round - and kick just about everyone's ass.  On a Berkshire.  

I haven't looked closely at results - did you run Barber this year?

brian kirby

I didn't race at all this year.

If this works out I will for sure make the bike look presentable. :)

Brian
Brian