York Swapmeet 2016

Started by Paul Danik, October 31, 2015, 07:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Lately the topic of the York, PA Swapmeet has been raised at various gatherings, mainly "when is it" ? The Potomac Vintage Riders have yet to officially announce the date for 2016, but the York Expo Center, which is the location of the event, has the date of Sunday January 17, 2016 listed on their schedule of events as the big day, usually set up is the day before.

There are two very large halls for this event connected by a commons area with great food and tables for sitting and gathering. The PVR also usually has a nice display set up in this area as well. Each hall is like a building unto itself, the nice thing about this event is that once you are inside you do not have to exit one building to enter the other.

The first hall has been sold out for years and the second hall is getting there, if you hope to get a spot for this epic event you might be wise to get ahold of the PVR folks ASAP.

This is a do not miss event every year, some of the very best suppliers with parts and information for many brands are fixtures at this event, I think one such gentleman from Cleveland missed last year with family obligations, but he will surely be there this year...if the mountain pass he travels thru part of Pennsylvania is open...:)

Anyhow, the "official" announcement has yet to be made by the Potomac Vintage Riders, but hopefully it won't be long..... Either way it is time to start gathering up items to bring and offer up, or to get started on your "want list"...

Paul

thrownchain

I emailed and asked and was told it is the weekend of the 17th. No auction this year.

ALB

Yeah, last year all I had was a "river" pass which is what is needed here in Cleveland in order to cross the bridge going from the East side to the West side. I didn't know that a "mountain" pass existed or was needed in going from the West side of PA to the East side. Go figure, after all these years of going back and forth to York, PA I never once got stopped and asked for such a pass. They only stopped me for the money owed for the "tolls".
Where do I get one of these "mountain" passes and what do they cost? [xx(]

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

454MRW

I have an EZPass electronic toll transponder that sticks on my windshield and it gets me a discounted toll rate and no extra charges for pulling a trailer! It works in several states including Illinois. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1978 KTM 250'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT 250 conversion
1976-78 125-400 RM's & 79 PE250 Suzuki & 2012 DR650
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Below is the link to the information on the York, PA swap meet. The returning vendors have already gotten their paperwork and have first chance at their booth spot from previous years which fills the first hall and part of the second, but the second hall in this gigantic building should have some booths left. Contact Allen Brown if you want to vend at this incredible event.

Allen's phone number is  718-458-8639.

Allen's email is   [email protected]

Please note that there WILL NOT be an auction at this event, even though a mention of the auction is included in the text until the webmaster has a chance to delete that error.

If you plan on attending and need overnight accommodations I would recommend that you make them early, very early. The York area has an abundance of hotels, but there is also an abundance of activities that take place about the same time as the swap meet and the hotels do fill up for quite an area around the event, don't ask me how I know...:D

I would like to give a big THANK YOU to Will Stoner for starting this epic event many, many years ago, AND also to the Potomac Vintage Riders for keeping it going when Will was required to step back from running it.

http://www.potomacvintageriders.com/york-swap-meet/

Paul

[email protected]

See you there Paul.
Be sure not to leave your booth unattended for long again this year :-)

Wardie

does anyone have a list of hotels near by maybe the one where the POG members migght be staying?

thrownchain

A few of us stay at the Motel 6, next to the 24 hour diner, US 30 interchange off I-83

Wardie

thrownchain

If you get there early enuff on Sat, maybe you can join Paul Stannard and a few of us for supper, location to be decided later.