Gem Reed/ Lectron Carb

Started by metalkfab, August 15, 2002, 07:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalkfab

I have a Lectron 34 carb with a Gem Reed valve on my '74 Piner.Just installed some Boyseen Reeds (2-stage style)and the bike runs rich.Could the new reeds affect the jetting ? I did pick up some new Gem reeds (single stage) and they seem to be stiffer.Please advise---I am confused.

Heinz Raidel

Karl,

For what this suggestion is worth...if you haven't already... check the ends of the reeds, where they were punched/machined/cut to make sure you don't have a burr.  

HR
\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"

dennis rowedder

Karl, when I installed modern 2 stage reeds in my husky 250 it ran rich , I dropped 2 main jet sizes and lowered the needle 1 clip, I think if you read the the information that came with te reeds you will find that BOYSEEN sugests leaner jetting hope this helps. Dennis

metalkfab

Thanks for the info. No,I didn't read the instructions--What fun would I have if I knew what I was doing !?

john durrill

Guys ,
 please post all the info you have on your reed setups. and carb settings. i will do a web sit some where ( 50 megs .com or yahoo and put it in folders for folks trying to get things sorted out on their bikes.
It will save us all a bunch of trial and error later.
thanks ,
John