Zinc/Cad Plating

Started by Todd Rovello, January 01, 2016, 10:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rovello

Gang:

I know any number of members on this site have had various parts zinc or cad plated. I am traveling to the Akron/ Canton Ohio area in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has used the services of the plating shops in that area? I am not really interested in attempting this myself with one of the kits on the market and there are no plating shops in my neck of the woods. Any advice appreciated.

Todd Rovello

Cal Alexander

Todd, if your looking for a good plater, I use Cache Valley Plating located in Logan Utah. I just mail them the parts and they give me a quick turnaround, usually 7 to 10 days. They are very inexpensive. They do clear Zinc coatings as well as black and other colors. You can find them on the internet. Give them a call and ask for Adam.

75 250 MC
74 Jackpiner
72-73 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

Todd Rovello

Thanks Cal. Do they work on small quantities? I probably have a bucketful of parts.

Todd

skiracer

Talk to Kevin Donavan (?) spelling???  He has a simple set up for doing it himself and the results are great!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS: FOR SALE
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Gordon Brennan

Or go here. (Below) It's really not hard to do, and Kevin has perfected some things since this original post.

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14380&SearchTerms=zinc,plating

Cal Alexander

Cache Valley Plating will do any quantity large or small. I just did components for two bikes and I believe the cost came to $53 including shipping. Adam can give you a rough idea over the phone. Here's their number 435-755-8000
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

Patton

Followed Cal's lead an called CVPlating.com. Adam wasn't in so I talked to David and they'll do a box-o-stuff (up to 50-80lbs for about $65 per lot.

I'm sending my Penton nuts/bolts out for zink-clear and my BMW nuts/bolts for yellow.

Thanks so much for the helpfulness of Cal and the other board members.

RP

Todd Rovello

Thanks to all for the replies. I also followed up with David of Cache Valley and they can do a 50 lb run of misc parts for about $65, depending upon the condition of the parts received. Sounds pretty reasonable plus they have the endorsement of a POG member.  

Todd