chainguide applications

Started by penton117, August 19, 2002, 10:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

Hi Fellow Poggers,

I am curious about the angular chain guide pieces that are used on some Penton 125s. The aluminum pieces that go toward the front of the swingarm at a 45 degree angle. Which years used these? My 1974 Six-Day had them, but the 1972 I am building has no front mount on the swingarm for them. Any clues guys?

Thanks,

Don

imported_n/a

Don, the '72s didn't have the extended guide pieces that ran toward the front of the bikes.  Starting at some point in '73 the pieces you're talking about were added.  My '73 Jackpiner had them, whereas my '72 Six Day did not.

Glenn

LINDEMAN

Don,mine are same as Glenn.Both are the same style swingarm (3 position mount).the 72 does not have the braces and the 73 doe's.Also my 74 125 with the single swingarm mount has them.They look the same as on my 75 250 enduro model.If you really want to open a can of worms ask about76-80 footpeg mounts.Ha Ha! Dave

Dennis D

While on the subject of swingarms... Above the chainguide ajusting holes on my 72 Jackpine is a third hole. Can someone tell me the purpose or what goes there if anything? Thanks, Dennis

Bob

I just looked at my '72 Jackpiner which is quite original and there is nothing using that hole. Since it is a slot, like the other two, I would surmise that if you were running a very small rear sprocket you could move the chain guide block up and use the top two slots. This would require you to drill an inner hole in the chain guard. It's there "just in case" and also serves to lighten the piece, IMO.

Bob