Penton-Wasell

Started by , December 07, 2006, 10:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Mats, When trying to send the pictures one time I got an error message, and the second time I got an error message but it also said it was sent. Let me know if you got them.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Thank you Dennis i got them cool pictures! I was very inspired, working with the Dalesman frame. It will soon be ready for painting :D

I wish all of you Poggers a nice christmas and a happy new year!

Mats from Sweden
Mats from Sweden

Lew Mayer

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year to you too, Mats

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Bill Campbell

I have now in my possession a Dalesman Scout frame and a spare Sachs motor. I found this little thread thru Google-should have come here in the first place. Wondering if there is some original running gear out there. Please bear in mind I'm just tyre kicking at the moment as my Steel Tanker is my next project. Cheers Bill

Daniel Desranleau

Bill,
I have a Dalesman enduro and have been keeping an eye out for about 5 years and can't say I've seen 1 item worth purchasing. It's obviously a very hard bike to find parts for.

From what I have seen these were only imported into the U.S. by one dealer in Glens Falls N.Y. My bike still has their dealer sticker on the body.

Good luck and I hope you have better luck than I have had.

Dan.

dennis brown

my  dealer back then was chuck bohler, he rode a dalesman at the isle of mann for ron jeckel the importer,won a silver metal. broke a shock on day six. he said he did not like the bike very much

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Daniel Desranleau

Yes, Ron Jeckel is the name that's on the dealer sticker. It was a few years ago that I remember seeing an old post from his son and he was trying to find a restored Dalesman. I don't remember what year the post was from or where it was posted.

Another brand for history from a by-gone day. Long live the Sachs motor...

dennis brown

chucks dalesman had a 175  puch engine I do not know what ever happened to it

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Bill Campbell

Thanks for the insight guys. Remember I'm down in Oz so I guess it will be a little harder here. Guess I will have to try as we say Pommy land.
Cheers Bill

dennis brown

I have a 1971  greeves pathfinder and they were similar to the dalesman.175 puch engine.bike runs very well, puch engine is a good one I put in a mzb ignition,made it much better.it should have bigger forks the baby cerianis.are to small and good shocks would help.i ave done ok on the bike for vintage type enduros

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown