1973 175 jackpiner

Started by Joel Diefenderfer, August 29, 2016, 09:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel Diefenderfer

ok, so i have been after my lil brother's jackpiner 175 but no luck,, so to shut me up he found a 1973 175 jackpiner rolling bike in NJ,,(no motor) for my 60th birthday,  thanks bro:)   well now i need to source a motor to begin my restoration,  this is where you penton experts come in. the vin# is 730565380 if i understand the vin # correctly it was built in march 1975 and used a KTM motor. so anybody out in penton land that has a complete or not so complete motor that will slide into my motorless frame and wants to help out a new penton guy(i ride a 2004 KTM 950 ADV)please shoot me a message, of course any leads on parts will be appreciated,  also any info on what year motors that are compatible with my frame would be helpful,  i'm hoping to make it to the York pa swap meet to maybe score some parts.  thanks to all, Joel Emmaus, Pa.

Joel Diefenderfer

Sorry its a 1973 175 jackpiner, built in may 1973,, my bad!!!

Rocket

I have a good bottom end for a 175, not sure of build date on it right now, would have to look if you are interested.
RCG
[email protected]

Scott Summey

Joel, I have a complete black 73 engine. Low compression and would need to be rebuilt, but then again what does't.

[email protected]

Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

marsattacks

I happen to have a rebuilt never run 175 black case KTM motor with a rewound never run motoplat.  Will have to see what I have in it -- might not be economical for you. If you do your own work.  Plus the black case motors were for the 1972s not 1973s.  I think.  Have a nice pipe too.  Both the motor and pipe will fit a 73 frame.  Where you need to be attentive is on the rear brake and wheel/backer since 73 moved the wheel brake arm from the left to the right side.  I prob have lots of other parts for the Jackpiner.  

I'm in SW Pa.  Been to Emmaus.  And Mertzville and Upper Macungie.  Etc.

I think you have a May 1973 bike not 75. But I'm not sure.  Good luck!!!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

marsattacks

This is the motor in question:

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Joel Diefenderfer

Thanks to all for the responses, got a motor coming from Scott in Fl,  Thanks Scott, the funds are on the Way,,,, Nice Motor marsattacks yeah most likley outta my price range, but i'll keep you in mind for the pipe and any other parts you may have.