Cleveland IMS - IX Center Jan. 27th, 28th, 29th

Started by Dale Fisher, January 13, 2017, 05:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Admittedly, rolling out the details for this years Cleveland show are going to be later than sooner.  We have requested and should be granted space for 14 motorcycles.  From there things are still a work in progress.  Still fighting my health issues with Bronchitis, coughing spasms, and a blocked ear with no hearing.  Mine illness is still far better than the news my daughter received yesterday. There is nothing more they can do/recommend with her ongoing colorectal cancer treatment.  They give her about two months.  She is currently staying with us as is Macie (4) and Lexie (2).

The show will go on.... please be patient as things come together.  Paul Danik has be doing some communication and coordination work in my absence [V]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

firstturn

Dale you and your Family are in my Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Bob Gilman

Dale, Words cannot describe what is going on thru you and your Daughter's mind.  Having gone thru this in 2010, my Daughter passing with Brain Cancer, its devistating. Your children are suppose to outlive their parents.  I pray she is as comfortable as possible.  This brings tears to my eyes.  Hang In There.

jeff greenberg

Dale my friend. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. Praying for you.

Dale Fisher

Hopefully everyone made it back from York with some great stories to share.  Expect to see some information posted soon on the upcoming weekend.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

Greetings,

President Dale is still fighting off his health issues, but he said he hopes to attend the Cleveland show if at all possible. It is tough to keep a good man down!

Eleven gentlemen will be converging on the IX Center this morning with 14 motorcycles to set up the Penton Owners Group display. The range of makes and models of motorcycles to be displayed is fairly wide and hopefully will give the attendees of the event a break from the "normal" show displays.... A big Thank You to each of thee folks for not only stepping up, but for doing so in such an enthusiastic manner.

As most of you probably know, we try to not only tell the Penton story with our display, but also give the attendees a glimpse into the Penton era as well with some non Penton machines. Judging from past comments of the POG displays, this concept is very well received.

If YOU can attend this event rest assured we would love to have you be a part of the POG experience at this show. POG member, or NON POG member, all are welcome to join with us as we have a great time.

Saturday is the really big day at this event, and that is when John Penton is planning on being there with us. As many of you know, when John enters the display area the excitement meter hits the rev limiter.

If you have never visited the IX Center itself, it is an amazing facility. There is a Farris wheel inside that goes up and thru the roof providing an exceptional view of the surrounding area which includes the airport where the first 10 serial production Pentons were flown into back in March of 1968. Doug Wilford's Dad, Wally Wilford, made the trip to the airport from Amherst and hauled that precious cargo back to Amherst.

As the old saying goes...Come one and come all !

http://motorcycleshows.com/city/cleveland-oh

Paul

Toolsurfer

Dale Fisher

It won't be long and the group members still at the show will begin packing up for the weekend.  I can't thank Paul Danik enough for organizing and coordinating the 2017 effort.  He was suffering big time himself yesterday with what appeared to be oncoming cold or flue symptoms and had all but lost his voice.  Thanks also go to Tom Worcester, Jack and Eddie Bahle, Greg Troyan, and Rick Bennett (hope I haven't forgotten anyone) who provided motorcycles for display plus others who helped.

Wish I could attach the little jingle "This is why we do it"

"Courtesy of International Motorcycle Shows, Photo by Manny Pandya."

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Toolsurfer

I've got to get to one of these meetings if I could just get out of Clinton Township,MI . Would love to meet John and the rest. Love the photos and all the knowledge shared. Got to be best club every for sure . William H. Rush

Dale Fisher

I did realize I forgot someone.  Jim Horwatt proudly accepted the center stage spot for his brothers Six-Day.  Greg and Jim were with us almost the entire weekend last year.  Greg was battling with ALS at the time and passed away in November.  Thank you Jim for bringing Greg's bike and working the crowd :D

Jim Horwatt and Scott Brogan

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Paul Danik and Rick Bennett in the no-go zone?

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

In the picture above Jack Penton's back is seen, kinda reminds me of what it was like racing against him "back in the day", his back side was all you usually saw and it was usually for just a short time...:D

Fortunately now there isn't a roost of rocks and dirt flying towards us...

I just wanted to mention that the machine we are looking at is V - 015 for any of you Steel Tanker guys wondering about it.

The machine behind us is a little water cooled 50cc Zundapp that attracted a lot of attention, I think it is a 1973 model with a 5 speed gear box. If I am not mistaken John Penton had a hand  in getting those rare birds into the country.

The reason President Dale refers to us as being in the "no-go zone" is that show management had a rather long list of display rules this year, one of which was that we could not be inside the display with the bikes during the show hours...but rest assured, by shows end we had their list of rules whittled down a bit...:)

Also wanted to mention how very special it was to have non other than Jeff Penton ride along with Jack and Jim Bore when they delivered machines on Friday Morning. Jeff then returned Saturday morning with his brother-in-law and hung out for awhile. Jeff is just one of the nicest gentlemen you would ever want to meet, but rest assured that we are all aware of the fierce competitor that lurks under that unassuming and kind persona.

Paul  

Dale Fisher

Attached is a link to some photos I took early Saturday morning before the masses (plus a few borrowed from social media).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79756468@N06/albums/72157679711127695

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

johnborn

You are right, Paul ,I raced some hare scrambles at Amherst meadowlarks in the 70's that Jack was racing and I often saw his back... Usually 7 or 8 times.