York Swap Meet Jan. 22, 2017

Started by Paul Danik, January 17, 2017, 11:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The Annual York, Pa swap meet will take place this coming Sunday, January 22nd. at the York, Pa. Fairgrounds.

For any of you who have never attended this incredible event, there are two gigantic exhibition halls under one roof with an interconnecting commons area containing the refreshment stand, seating, plus an ice cream stand and the restrooms. Everything is under one roof. Plan on spending the day !

The swap meet vendor spots in both buildings are totally sold out, something that just a few short years ago seemed like an impossibility. From the very humble beginnings of this event by Will Stoner many years ago in one of the smaller buildings at the Fairgrounds, what it has flourished into is incredible.

Again this year there will be a bike show with a limit of 125 machines.  Last years show was simply awesome and the organizers are looking to have different machines on display this year.

The event runs Sunday from 8 am to 3:30 pm. The foot traffic at this event usually never slows till it is time to clear out. If you have a need for some hard to find items you will be smart to get there early. With the weather for the weekend hitting about 50 degrees the usual York "snow and ice fest" will have to wait at least another year. Heck, I'll bet the Buehner Brothers with have their sunglasses on as they come over the mountains doing their best imitation of the Blues Brothers in their parts laden van...:)

For more info.

http://pvr.potomacvintageriders.com/YorkSwapMeet/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/SitePages/Home.aspx

Also, if you are looking for a great place to eat along the Pa. pike near the Bedford exit...

http://www.jeanbonnettavern.com/

THANK YOU Will Stoner for starting this fine event, and THANK YOU Potomac Vintage Riders for taking it over when Will had to step away from it !

Paul

Richard Colahan

Also located in that center hall-way area will be the PVR booth.

Our AHRMA Mid-Atlantic group will be there with info on the M-A XC Series, the new M-A Enduro Series, as well as the Mountaineer Vintage Timekeeping Enduro at McKee's in Terra Alta WVA this coming July.

Be sure to stop by!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Lew Mayer

I'll see you there, Paul.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Greetings,

York 2017 is now in the rear view mirror and hopefully everyone made it home safe and sound. I do imagine a few are still in transit as some folks traveled extremely long distances to make the event.

One of the long distance travelers, I believe he is from Arizona, pretty much summed up the weekends activities as we bid each other farewell yesterday when he stated, "you couldn't possibly fit anymore into this bag" :).

It was a non stop weekend with set up on Saturday, PVR awards banquet  Saturday night and the actual swap meet on Sunday. For me one of the many highlights was listening to Paul Clipper's presentation at the PVR banquet.

Paul

LeeBuff

A BIG THANK YOU to the Buehner brothers Al and Dale "The Decal King" for not only supplying parts for us Penton owners, but bringing treats for us to munch on at yesterdays meet at York. :)
Thanks again, Lee

Richard Colahan

Thanks to all that stopped by the PVR booth.

Plenty of interest in this year's AHRMA Mid Atlantic XC series, the Mountaineer Vintage enduro at McKee's (WVA) in July, and the first ever Vintage enduro series.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Kip Kern

Any good bike deals from the event?

Paul Danik

I don't know of any specifics, but a number of machines were rolled past my spot on their way out the door. A few of them that caught my eye were Japanese machines that were exceptionally clean.

I saw Mike Gallagher checking out a really nice Cooper in the building where the bike show was set up. Speaking of the bike show,it was "knock your socks off" impressive.

The Potomac Vintage Riders booth that Richard mentioned, and where he could be found most of the time, was one busy place every time I happened to go by. Those guys do an incredible job. If any of you guys are looking for an active riding group to get involved with you will not go wrong attending any of their events.

http://pvr.potomacvintageriders.com/Shared%20Documents/index.html

Paul