Potomac Vintage Riders thanks

Started by conrad2, May 07, 2017, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conrad2

I had a chance to ride my first Potomac Vintage riders sanctioned race today near Reynoldsville PA, I would like to thank PVR for hosting a great vintage event, setting up a super course and having great organization .
I would also like to thank the Fischer family (Jake, John and Jeff ,wives and grand son Jeremy) for hosting me and letting me be a part of their family event for a day. Myself and Rick Hoover were part of team Fischer today and enjoyed the perks and benefits of being a part of that team. (Some good... some questionable)
 My Fischer tuned Penton Six Days performed flawlessly, The event was hampered by rain and mud but the skies cleared when Jake and company arrived.
Glad I went and got to spend a day with "Team Fischer" (they are still fast, and crazy... in a good way)
Thanks Jake for talking me into going ...you are a class act.

Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library
Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library

Richard Colahan

Considering how much rain the area had prior to the event, the course was much better then expected.
Alot of fun...and the hillclimb "wall" was a blast!!!
Don't back off and be ready for a quick left at the top!

Many thanks to Marty and Cindy Strouse and all of the Reynlow Park folks for hosting the event.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

fischercycle

I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE RICK BENNETT AND HIS BROTHER FOR DOING FANTASTIC JOB WITH THE KIDS MINI BIKE CLASS, INCLUDING ALL THE OTHERS INVOLVED IN PROMOTING THE RACE FOR THE KIDS , I SAW A LOT OF VERY HAPPY LITTLE KID WITH A  BIG SMILE ON THEIR FACES WHEN THEY RECEIVED THEIR AWARD,I BELIEVE THIS IS A GOOD IDEA TO LEARN THEM MORE SKILLS IN MECHANICAL FIELD ,INSTED OF PLAYING WITH THEIR I PADS AND GETTING INTO OTHER TROUBLES,AND MAKING THIS EVENT A FAMILY AFFAIR ON WEEK ENDS, THANKS FOR THE POTOMAC VINTAGE RIDERS CLUB TO LET THIS HAPPEN FOR THE KIDS .JAKE FISCHER

Rick Bennett

Thanks Jake.
My brother Randy and I took over the kids racing last year because Dave has way too much to do just taking care of the adult program. Since AHRMA won't let kids ride until they reach 16 years of age we run races for 5-10 and 11-15. This is really a group project from all the North Atlantic guys. Last weekend we had 26 kids riding. Some were so fast they would easily keep up with the adults. If you don't think the kids are serious you just need to watch one race. Last year one of our younger kids went over the bars coming off a jump and snapped off his shifter. After jumping up he yelled "just put in second, I will ride it like that". All the money from the entries is given back in awards, tee shirts and equipment. There are 6 races this year at 5 different tracks. The parents are for the most part very appreciative. Last weekend we had our first stinker. This Mom reamed all of us out because her son didn't get the over all win. We don't give over all so she left, taking her son out of the second race. I felt bad for him. My daughter scored and my son in law rode along with the kids just look out for trouble. Everyone pitches in to make it work.

Paul Danik

Rick,

The fact that you and Randy saw a need and "stepped up" to take over the kids racing speaks very highly of the two of you, as well as your daughter and son-in-law for also helping out. What you and your family is doing is surely influencing the lives of the kids and their families in a very positive direction, as well as priming the next generation of motorcyclists who will be taking over the reigns of our sport before we know it.

Hats off to all of you for your efforts, including the Potomac Vintage Riders and all of the outstanding leaders and workers involved with their organization.

Paul