73 250 Speedo Bracket Mounting Point

Started by KJDonovan, May 25, 2017, 05:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

I am working on cobbling together a 73 250 and in the picture below is the speedometer bracket it came with.  The bike came to me in pieces, but my guess was that this style speedometer bracket should mount to the forward set of handlebar bolts under the top upper triple bracket.  Problem is, that puts my speedo in the middle of the 5-1/4" ZKW headlamp.  Has anyone used this style bracket before with a large headlamp?  Any ideas on where this should be mounted?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Larry Perkins

You can slide the light ears down some or it may work mounted on the back ones.  Only time I had one I had a Petty on the front and it pushed into the numberplate part a bit but worked fine.  There was also one like this that had a mount that clamped to the handlebar that would work.  I don't remember which kind came when as I mostly motocrossed.

Larry P

KJDonovan

Thanks for the reply Larry, the bracket is not quite long enough to catch the rear bolts handle bar bolts on the triple.  I think I will need to find some headlamp ears with a longer reach to make this work or switch to a handlebar mounted speedo bracket.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Larry Perkins

There are some longer ones designed for 35mm Ceriani on eBay.  

Larry P