BOSH FLYWHEEL MAGNETO IGNITION

Started by HERCULES6DAY, September 02, 2002, 04:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HERCULES6DAY

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON THE PROPER TECHNIQUE TO REMOVE FLYWHEEL? HAVE CORRECT FLYWHEEL PULLER AND HOLDER AND FLYWHEEL WILL NOT COME OFF,  THIS IS ON 125/5A MOTOR. HELP IS APPRECIATED

Rocket

Put your puller on, apply tension to it, and then smack the end of the puller with a hammer.  Should pop the flywheel off.
Rocket

Doug Wilford

I know the Bosch has only a few threads for the puller to screw into, so I would advise to put the puller in tension pulling and use a small tip, like brazing torch to heat the inner ring of the flywheel, if the shaft isn't gauled you should be able to pull it off.   DoNot use the hammer unless you have a thread file to redo the end of the crankshaft.  Slight tapping may help, or use a blunt chisel, put it at the base the inner ring and smack it.  Do this with the heat and chances are very good you will get that ornery thing off.   Do Not use an outside puller and ruin the flywheel, they are getting hard to replace.

john durrill

if you can I would use a protective cap on the crankshaft end. its a small round steel cover. bored to slip over the crankshaft threads. its what came stock in the dealers tool kit and will save you a lot of grief with mushroomed threads and bent crank ends
 you can make one from a good tool steel bolt, one that has a shoulder. cut it off and drill out the center. we like to use a grade 8 bolt for this.
 you may have one that has welded itself to the crankshaft taper like Doug was describing.
 they can be a bear to get off .
John & Peter

HERCULES6DAY