AHRMA Red Bud National Sept. 2nd & 3rd

Started by Dale Fisher, August 12, 2017, 07:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the regional at the Amherst Meadowlarks today :-(

Up for consideration is loading up the club trailer with some display bikes, the grill, and merchandise and then heading over to the AHRMA National at Red Bud.  I'd be rolling in early evening Friday and interested to see if anyone from the group plans on attending?

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Old-School-Moto,22/RED-BUD-AHRMA-Vintage-National,1323127

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Larry Perkins

Might be going Dale.  Up in the air but a possibility.

Larry P

rob w

I rode at Meadowlarks today. I was the only Penton rider. -  Speaking regionally, (not Ahrma Nationals) the sport is turned almost exclusively post vintage. Not even enough "Sportsman Class / 1974" bikes to make a race.

rob w

But any way, besides that.....I finally got to ride at The Historic Meadowlarks track. YEE HAA ! I was excited to be there,  'The Penton's' home track, 3 miles from KTM's headquarters. Wasn't going to die happy until that happened.

Dale Fisher

Bawb,  I missed your other post on you going. [V]  The Great Lakes Regional events are not well attended as the Midwest series. Last year I was the only Penton at the Meadowlarks race.  I've been in Amherst twice in the last nine days and another trip was a bit too much, to early.  Spent the day in the portable cardboard sand blast cabinet stripping down a frame.  Frame done and primed, swingarm yet to do [V][V]

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Larry Perkins

I could not justify the cost of a hotel in that area that is decent.  They want crazy dollars.  Going to stay close to home and race some modern MX at Casey.

Larry P

Carl Hill

I have been wanting to race some of the Great Lakes events. Sorry to hear there are not many vintage machines. If I go guess I will have to ride the 81 KTM

Mick Milakovic

Carl, I'm guessing there'll be LOTS of vintage bikes Red Bud.

Mick
Mick

Carl Hill

I have been wanting to race some of the Great Lakes events. Sorry to hear there are not many vintage machines. If I go guess I will have to ride the 81 KTM

Dale Fisher

Two 100's, two 500's, and the eight burner grill loaded and ready for the trip over Friday afternoon.  Hope to see a few of you all this weekend [?]

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Bob Bean

Heading out Friday afternoon...  Notre Dame season opening this weekend, so all motels are booked and want triple the normal rate if you can find one....

Bob

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Dale Fisher

I spent Saturday socializing, taking photos, and elected not to ride.  The two Penton's represented both received awards at the end of the day :D  Bob and Sharon Bean have also posted a large number of photos from the weekend on social media.  Listed below is a link to my collection of unedited and unsorted images.

The venue was unbelievable as were the hosts.  Hopefully, this will remain on the AHRMA calendar next year and grow larger each year as the word gets out....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79756468@N06/albums/72157686264752743

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry