Photobucket Alternatives? - Fix Found!

Started by KJDonovan, July 12, 2017, 10:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

All,
I just came across a patch we can apply to our browsers that will make all our previously posted photobucket images reappear without a paid account.  

I have only been able to get this to work with the Google Chrome browser, but it works just fine.  If you don't have the google chrome browser it is a free download.

To try it, from the Chrome browser navigate to the link below and click the "Add to Chrome" button.  This will install the extension on your chrome browser.  When this is complete, you will once again be able to see any photobucket images in all posts on POG and any other sites with images hosted from photobucket.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg/reviews?hl=en

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Larry Perkins

Thanks Kevin!  Very valuable info!

Larry P

G Ellis

Works great brought all the photos back.  after I updated profile for me to see. Thanks

SouthRider

Similar extension can be found in Firefox too. Worked for me!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

skiracer

Nice going Kevin!

Quotequote:Originally posted by KJDonovan

All,
I just came across a patch we can apply to our browsers that will make all our previously posted photobucket images reappear without a paid account.  

I have only been able to get this to work with the Google Chrome browser, but it works just fine.  If you don't have the google chrome browser it is a free download.

To try it, from the Chrome browser navigate to the link below and click the "Add to Chrome" button.  This will install the extension on your chrome browser.  When this is complete, you will once again be able to see any photobucket images in all posts on POG and any other sites with images hosted from photobucket.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg/reviews?hl=en

Thanks,

Kevin

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

rob w

This forum has changed drastically without images. How about if a group of people join Photobucket together. Sharing cost. Each gets the password, and we each have our own "album" to use. ?