Glenn Curtiss Museum visit and display

Started by Paul Danik, August 03, 2018, 04:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The Glenn Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport, NY is hosting their Curtiss Classic Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet on Saturday August 4th. This years event is titled Hodaka Therapy and I am hoping that Paul Stannard might be coming down off of Stannard Mountain to join in the festivities.

Judy and I arrived in the area a couple of days ago and will be displaying Steel Tanker V-015 along with possibly a few banners and some memorabilia.

A few POG folks have told me that they attend this event each year and it is a "must attend event", can't wait for Saturday to see it firsthand.

NASCAR is about 20 miles away this weekend at Watkins Glen so if you are heading there possibly you can swing by for a visit. I am sure that they scheduled their event at Watkins Glen to coincide with the Glenn Curtiss Classic MC Show....:)

Below is the link to the Museum's website, Glenn Curtiss sure was an amazing person and it looks like the Museum lives up to his reputation.

https://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones, be sure to drop by if you can.

Paul

Mike OReilly

Hey Paul,

I wish we had a little more notice of this.

The Curtiss Museum is on my bucket list but I was unaware of the annual show - or that this year featured Hodakas.

I will have to try for next year - maybe with Pentons as featured bike?

Mike

thrownchain

There are 2 annual shows at the Curtiss, one in Feb which is called Winter Therapy, and the one in August which used Hodaka as the Maurque this year, I can suggest Penton next year and see if he goes for it. Have to be able to gather bikes for display.