exhaust

Started by don howard, September 23, 2002, 10:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don howard

HI  Fellow POG,s. Was wondering if anybody knows where I can buy a exhaust pipe for a 71 steel tanker? Other than Air Cone, having no luck with them.    Don Howard [email protected]

mmolyneux

don
if you have any luck please get a hold of me i also have a 1971 six day steel tanker that i have been looking for an original pipe for also

don howard

mmolyneux. Thanks for the email. will let all know if i find any pipe makers. called yesterday to air cone not any closer to getting one.  Don H

rob w

Hi Don,
 What are they (Gary, Earl) saying at Aircone, are they giving you any kind of a delivery date, or do they sound like they're not interested?
 I know you would like it a.s.a.p., would you be willing to wait until mid December?
 Is this for a restoration, does the perforated metal for the heat guard have to be exact?
 I talked to Earl at Aircone today, he was very helpful, answering all my questions, I thought they were great. I can get all the cones and tubes in about a week, I have a complete "70" to copy and use for a fixture. I have been wanting to start making two pipes, the one for our bikes, and a down pipe for the 72-74 125's. I will no doubt eventually do it, it's all about finding time away from the work that supports my living.
 The reason folks are shying away from producing Penton pipes is the work involved in the back portion. The shroud, baffle, and end cap. Those parts are available I beleive from Buehners, at least that's what it shows in my catalog. I need to call him soon. I plan to use those parts in the development of the 70-71 pipe.
 Aircone did make Kip's pipes for the steel tankers he had, but I beleive they were with an exposes stinger, and no integrated shroud/silencer. I could be wrong. If you wanted a pipe like that it would take less time.
 Don, If you have an event coming up you need to ride, I can lend you my pipe for a couple weeks.
 The 21st century Penton revolution is still pretty young, sooner or later we're gonna finish most of our restorations and go riding. I know I'm looking forward to it. Rob.

don howard

Hi Rob Thanks for answering my post on the forum. I can surely wait till Dec. for the pipe.I can use my shields or get one from Al B. Have talked to Al about Air Cone he said he does alot of pipies for go-carts and is busy. When i talk to them its always Gary is not in, So am looking elsewhere. Keep me in mind will need one. Thanks for the offer about the loaner pipe. Email [email protected]

imported_n/a

Hey, Bob, you must be pretty busy lately.  How are things?  Well, I hope.

If you do the 125 downpipe thing, I would be interested in one unit, please.  Let me know what you might want for one.  

Thanks.  Glenn