72 Six Days Paint

Started by celcius232, September 30, 2002, 02:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celcius232

Can anyone tell me a match for Sachs engine case paint.  Is it the same as PJ1 KTM silver that was mentioned previously on the board for a 74 model?  Also what was used on the triple clamps and headlight mounts and shell?  Thanks.  Brian G.

Brian S. Goodman
Brian S. Goodman

Dwight Rudder

Brian, Sachs cases were not painted they were natural silver colored aluminum. If they were painted it was to cover some flaw.
Cher'o,
Dwight

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Mick Milakovic

Doesn't unprotected aluminum oxidize?  I've always used a clear coat after cleaning the surface.  It darkens the color a little, but that's better than the alternative.

Mick

Kip Kern

Brian,  Eastwood Company offers an excellent match for the Sachs side case paint as well as the crankcase, it is called Alumiblast (sp) and costs around $7 a can.

BrianTaylor

Kip is this what u use ????? Aluma Blast Paint 12 Oz Aerosol
//www.eastwoodco.com

Item No. - 10109 Z
Aluma Blast Paint is specially formulated to duplicate the original look of cast aluminum car parts. Protected up to 250 degrees F by this paint, metal parts will keep that brand new look for a long time. Available in aerosols and quarts. (Quarts offer greater value!) Aluma Blast provides protection and a durable finish for smooth-cast aluminum components. Buy 3 or more, mix and match, and SAVE

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Kip Kern

Brian   Yes, that is the paint I use on Sachs cases!

Mick Milakovic

Where can I get Aluma Blast?

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
[email protected]
Mick

Kip Kern