PRO WHEEL RIMS

Started by Larry Perkins, January 15, 2019, 06:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

I am rim ignorant when it comes to motorcycles.  Built many a bicycle wheel but will have these done by someone.  Has anyone used these Pro Wheel rims and what do I need to order rim wise to have some built to Penton hubs?  I have a gob of Original spokes but want to use stainless on this as it will be a racer.  Anyway do I just need to tell them rim size and holes, supply them hub and they will figure it out or what?  Thanks for guidance on this from the knowledgeable.

Larry P

Carl Hill

I ordered some pro- wheel rims for XR-50 one time. Could not get the bead to seat. When I took the tires off I checked the diameter and found them to be greater that 10 inches. Hopefully this was just a fluke

KJDonovan

Larry,

Save you self some aggravation and get a set of Sun or Excel from Buchanan's.  They can supply the stainless spokes and nipples too.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Carl Hill

I ordered some pro- wheel rims for XR-50 one time. Could not get the bead to seat. When I took the tires off I checked the diameter and found them to be greater that 10 inches. Hopefully this was just a fluke

KJDonovan

Larry,

Save you self some aggravation and get a set of Sun or Excel from Buchanan's.  They can supply the stainless spokes and nipples too.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint