They know a good photo when they see it !!!

Started by Paul Danik, December 24, 2018, 06:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Nice to see this photo used once again this year by the Progressive International Motorcycle Show folks.  I am pretty sure the beautiful Six-Day is Jim Horwatt's machine.

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/cleveland-oh

Just for the record, the POG will not be displaying at the Cleveland venue of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show as we will be at the York, PA swapmeet / bike show / vintage extravaganza. If you have never been to the York event you are missing what many folks consider one of the crown jewels of vintage events.

http://www.potomacvintageriders.com/yorkswapmeet.html

Paul

JamesHorwatt

Good Morning Mr. Danik, I'm now the caretaker of this Penton,it belongs to my late little brother who passed away from ALS December 7 2016. Its tucked away in my barn for safe keeping. Merry Christmas to everyone :)

Thanks Jim
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.

Koen Cuypers

Beautiful machine, ... a real dream of mine.
Here in Belgium, I have never seen a Penton in real life.

Paul Danik

Koen,

Not sure if you aware, but sitting with the beautiful 125 Penton in the photo is "The Man" himself, John Penton. Possibly you did realize that was he, but just wanted to mention it.

On another note, my father in law fought in and was injured in the Battle Of The Bulge. We saw in a TV documentary a tour of the Battle of the Bulge Museum located in Bastogne, Belgium. Have you by chance ever visited the Museum or know of it?

We have been kicking around the idea of visiting the Museum combined with a return to Camerino, Italy and then visiting the soon to be opened Museum at KTM.

Thanks,
Paul

Koen Cuypers

Hi Paul, I know it's "The" John Penton, ... that makes this motorcycle even more beautiful and complete.

I have not visited the Bastogne War Museum yet, but it is certainly on our agenda. It is a part of the history that must never be forgotten.
Your visits look very interesting.

Grts, Koen

Bob Gilman

Paul,In 1984 my wife and I went to Bastogne to visit the memorial,On the way into town we passed a house with a bunch of brass shells in the window,we thought it was a place to eat,turned out it was a private home,they invited us in for coffee and cookies,They didn't speak English so we took pictures and left,people are very friendly.All the vehicles there were nos,we must have left a lot of goodies there.                  Also there is a museum in Heidelberg,Germany that has the best display of WW2 vehicles and equipment with one side of the building American pointed at the Germans on the other side.This museum has motorcycles and cars also.They had a Rokon donated to them from someone in the states.I love Germany,stationed there for 3 years in the 5o's.Also had two daughters born there.End of my rambling......