NEEDED WHEELS FOR 100-125

Started by Larry Perkins, January 29, 2019, 11:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Looking for some wheels for the 100 and 125.  Need a rear with alloy rim built wheel that is pretty nice.  Mag hub is a plus but not necessity.  Do not need sprocket or sprocket carrier.  Also need a good set front and rear with the Radelli rims but alloy will work.  Needs to be pretty decent with no serious rust.  Again do not need sprocket or carrier.  Have a lot to trade or will buy.  Any help is appreciated!  Respond here, call, or email at [email protected]

Larry P

firstturn

Larry did I read somewhere you were going to recreate you National School Boy Championship 100 Penton?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Yes but with a couple of twists.  The topend porting and boost ports are finished and using a bottom end that Doug built before he passed.
 Fresh and never used with GS rod.  Pipe built.  Frame and swingarm painted.  Found the alloy tank with Victor's stuff which got me going.  Wanted to do Alloy wheels instead of the Radellis.  I have some polished hubs and may just get built but not sure what rims to use and that may be pricey anyway.  I want it to be mechanically like that one but shiny.  Trying to get done by Diamond Don's

Larry P

firstturn

I still have the pipe that was like you Houston Bike.  I bought it from you when you still lived in Missouri.  As you probably know most of those parts came from me.  I was Hopping Victor could enjoy his retirement, but he died young.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Yes it is sad but I feel blessed that I was able to get the stuff he had planned to help in his retirement.  My plan is to do with them what he was going to do.  I will forever remember his hard work to gather all these parts.  Yes you have helped with brain picking and great parts to help my racing for many years my Brother.  I say to Karen all the time, "I do not understand it but Brther Ron has for a long time been my biggest fan and encouraged me in many ways!"  I have great love in my heart for you and was honored to get to send you one of my AMA Number One plates that I strived for many  years to get.  You are priceless!

Larry P

firstturn

Love of Racing you and I share.  Glad you got the inventory.  I will probably be selling most of my inventory soon after I assemble all the parts I need to build two more Sachs powered long travel Pentons.  One D powered and the other a 100 GS.  Should be interesting.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Run it past me before you do.  I know you have some good stock.  Take care my Brother.  Always love seeing your projects as you do beautiful work.  You are a Master Builder in my book!

Larry P