WTB seat trim

Started by Carl Hill, February 05, 2019, 05:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Hill

Anybody have aluminum trim for long seat?

thrownchain

I have the strips but no hardware to mount them.

Dale Fisher

Yes, a set of Dorino reproductions bought from Roberto.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Carl Hill

Dale Fisher

Roberto has a couple sets of the long and shorts on Ebay as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-1978-Penton-KTM-MC-GS-125-175-250-ALUMINUM-SEAT-TRIM-SADDLE-MOLDING-330mm/273651698143?hash=item3fb6e989df:g:MCQAAOSwsZhcONsD:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Carl Hill

I saw those. Was wondering if they were good?

imported_n/a

I bought a long pair from Roberto a couple months ago and they're very nice ... especially at that price! I've also recreated the mounting hardware for another (used) short pair. Buy 3 (short seat) or 4 (long seat) very small metric screws then grind/file down parallel sides of the screw head until they just slide right into the trim making certain to grind off enough material so they slide along well through the entire length of trim. Careful not to get 'em stuck, they could be hard to remove without damaging the trim. Note: I started out trying rounded head screws since they appear to follow the inner shape of the trim but they were too thick at the head to insert so I switched to Flat Head screws instead and they work great. Also NOTE: make sure ahead of time that your "very small screws" are long enough to not only fit inside of the trim but to also clear the seat pan side, seat cover, and take a washer/nut at the end!! Worked like a charm for about $5 !!

Chris