1997 1/2 Ktm 200 jackpiner. Value

Started by Canyon, April 11, 2019, 08:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canyon

Looking at purchasing  a 1997 1/2 200 jackpiner.  It's in fair condision ,runs and is rideable, but needs  a fair amount of work . Would like to get  a idea on the value, and collectible value on these bikes,   Not sure how many of these were produced.   Also try and get the value of  a fully restored 1997 1/2 200 jackpiner. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks john

Larry Perkins

There were only 133 made if I remember right but there are some fake ones with blue plastic floating around.  They never seem to bring what they ought to considering the low production number in my opinion but many have been well ridden.

Larry P

Daniel P. McEntee

A lot depends on condition, of course, and if you got the extras that came with it, such as manuals, mugs, shirt and the certificate of authenticity that allowed you to purchase more blue plastic. It has a special Ohlin rear shock and huge, 50mm I think front forks that were not of stock bikes. I had one that I rescued off the local Craig's List. Zero time examples have gone in the $10,000 range. Low time riders three to five grand I think. I think Larry is correct on the production numbers also.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee