Click - Redirect Virus On Your Computer

Started by Admin, April 20, 2019, 02:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Hi Poggers,

It has been brought to my attention that when you search on Google for Penton Owners Group and click on the link that Google provides, you are redirected to a bogus page of medication advertisement.  Some are also saying that the message board is not displaying correctly. I am not sure at this point if it is just Google or if other search engines are doing this.

This may or may not be affecting your computer or device.  It is affecting my computer and iPad but not my iPhone but only the redirect part.  The message board looks normal to me.  If you type in pentonusa.org on your browser address line or have it book-marked, it correctly takes you to the POG site.

It is called a "Click" virus or "Redirect" virus.  It has been around awhile but not sure why it is just now hitting our users.  It is a virus on YOUR computer or device.

I will do more research on it but for now I suggest that you run a virus check on your computer, don't use a search engine to get to the POG site but rather type pentonusa.org in your browser line.  Then you can bookmark this correct result, etc.

Are there any computer gurus in POG who know about this and could provide insights and possible resolutions that have successfully worked.  I see there are numerous fixes for this but before I suggest one, I want to make sure it truly works. Virus's are not my area of expertise so I would appreciate any suggestions, etc.  Please email me direct at

[email protected]

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Karen
Webmaster

Thanks to Al Buehner and Bud Green for bringing this to my attention!

Admin

Hi again Poggers,
Good news this time! :D  GoDaddy our web hosting provider will be fixing this issue.  Thanks Dale Fisher for the heads up to call GoDaddy.  Apparently it happened on another website he frequents and knew they had a fix to the problem!  Yay!

This problem is specific to the website the server is running from when accessed from search engines.  As I write this, they are "cleansing" the website, and all will be back to normal with 24 hours.

You can safely still access the website by typing //www.pentonusa.org in your browsers URL address line.

Karen