VMD 2019.

Started by Dale Fisher, June 10, 2019, 06:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

I posted this on our Facebook page and have received good response on display bikes.  Pretty sure we have never run out of space for additions so....

It's been a few years since we have had a wide spectrum of display bikes. I'm quite sure everyone has seen my tired old collection. Please advise if you are able to bring a display bike or two for even at least a day, non Penton machines accepted. Plans are to have Chef Dale providing culinary delights. Saturday evening the July meeting has been eliminated and we will only be gathering for a social night. There will be no new club merchandise this year.

A small investment on my part has been made in an outdoor theater setup with a 70" screen (no dedicated source of electrics needed).  Plan on movie night(s) Thursday, Friday, and Saturday weather permitting [?]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships - POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Rick Bennett

I can bring my Six Days that I rode for the Vintage 1000. I will be there the whole weekend.

Dale Fisher

Rick,  I'm quite sure everyone would be interested in hearing your story.  If you could please copy your photos to a CD or thumbdrive.

The portable projection equipment and screen are on the way and I will be experimenting with casting video from my phone and slide shows from my laptop in advance.

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

rob brown

Dale, I am wondering if you will have room or want to have two project bikes at the tent. I may have room for 4 bikes in my enclosed trailer. I will bring a two shock xr200, and a 74 Trail 90 with title. I think I can put those over at my Buddy's space. The two Pentons are project bikes. I have mulled it over for awhile, and I am just not sure when I can get to work on them. I would, at this point, prefer to sell/trade. These are not beauty queens, but they are Pentons:)  These are barn finds from the area, and both motors are stuck. I have not worked on them at all. I need to check the numbers, but I believe they are a 72 Berkie, 73 Harescrambler (red). Thoughts?

Thanks, Rob

454MRW

Rob, even if they don't have room for that or you prefer to have your bikes out in a for sale area, I have spaces 39, 40, and 41 just up on the hill straight East of The Penton owners group tent, and usually have several bikes out for sale and you're welcome to put them there if you wish, the more the merrier when it comes to sales! Mike cell 618-553-1346

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Penton
1976 MC5 400
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM's
1976-78 125-400 RM's
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

rob brown

Thanks Michael. I appreciate your offer, and will likely take you up on it. I just put the XR200 on Craigslist in Roanoke, so I may have enough room for who knows what! lol Rob 540.815.8411

Dale Fisher

There are five or six members who have spaces along or near Pentonville.  I'm quite sure they would accommodate you and your bikes.

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

rob brown

Thanks Dale. See ya'll soon:)