1976 Mc 5 question

Started by tjbowers, October 01, 2019, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjbowers

Hello all, it has been years since I have been on here mainly because I broke my back in 2003 so I have not had much to do with bikes at all. With that said I acquired what I think to be a 1976 Penton MC5 250 from a young friend of mine who passed away several years ago. He had two in baskets with a frame ,wheels ,forks and a couple engines in pieces which had set for many years.As modern bikes became his desire before he passed away unexpectedly, these bikes were stuffed on a shelf. I have picked the best of the cases, clutch covers , ignition cover , cylinder and head for my project but never got the rest of the parts he had.My frame number is 550-02123.  It came with a desert tank but I have purchased an MC5 tank I am working on now. One particular piece that seems the hardest to get is the little bearing for the bearing cup on the end of the new style clutch push piece. Alan Buehner is out of them and I have searched many bearing supply companies and have yet to find one. Does anyone have a source for these?
Thanks for your help
Tim Bowers

1976 Penton 250
1975 Montesa v75
1972 Montesa Cappra 250 mx
1974 Suzuki gt 185 twin

TJBowers
TJBowers

Mike Schulz

Hi TJ,
The only person I know who might have them is Gary Ellis. You might try to email him at rd [email protected]. There is no space between rd and hott in the real email. Good Luck!
Mike Schulz