York 2020...save the date !

Started by Paul Danik, October 19, 2019, 01:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The Potomac Vintage Riders have sent out the vendor packets for the 2020 York Swap Meet & Bike Show. The date of the upcoming event is Sunday January 26th with setup on Saturday January 25.

For anyone not aware of this event it takes place in the Expo Center Arena at the York Fairgrounds located at 334 Carlisle Avenue, York, PA  17404. Eat your Wheaties before you come as it is a one day high energy event if there ever was one :)

The organizers state that the swap meet consists primarily of 60s, 70s & 80s off-road motorcycles, parts and accessories, apparel, ect. - with some vintage road machines included, and they are telling it how it is !

POG member Lee Buffenmyer has once again stepped up to be the lead man for the POG booth / display at the event. Lee's leadership and boundless enthusiasm for all things Penton make him the perfect man for job and his efforts are much appreciated.

If you think you might attend and need to get a hotel room I have a little bit of advise, BOOK EARLY ! The York, PA area plays host to numerous events and rooms can get to be in very short supply on the weekends.

If you think you might want to vend at the event, and didn't do so last year, your best bet is to contact

Tommy Grimmel @ [email protected]     and get your name on the list as I am pretty sure they sold out of booth space last year.

It is worth the trip just to see the bike show that is put on by the folks from Mid-Atlantic Bikes / Broom Works Vintage Racing. They usually have in the range of 100 machines on display with no repeat machines from the past 4 years.

I must give a shout out to Will Stoner who started this event many, many years ago. Back then it was held in a building that was about the size of the concessions area of the building it is in today. Will planted the seed and nurtured / grew the event for many years before needing to hand it off and fortunately it could not have ended up in better hands.

THANK YOU Will Stoner for everything you have done !

And THANK YOU to the Potomac Vintage Riders for putting on such a high quality, family oriented event that is focused primarily on the off-road vintage community.

Paul