Tony Friedel

Started by Bob Gilman, October 26, 2019, 09:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gilman

Just found out Tony Friedel from Maryland passed away,Tony was listed in our news letter for Penton bike restorations and was a Penton enthusiast in our group.I did not know him but he will be missed.

Larry Perkins

So saddened to hear this.  Tony was a good man!  Far beyond Penton Enthusiast he was a good person.  Too many Old Warriors going away.
 :(  RIP My Friend!

Larry P

JCHubbard

Very sad news.  Had the pleasure of knowing Mr. Friedel, and spending some time at his home with he and his lovely wife.  As Larry said, "he was a good person," -- indeed.
JC Hubbard

firstturn

Tony was just the best at helping others and making them feel important.  I will miss him and he actually came to Texas several times to visit.  He and his Bride picked me up at the Baltimore Airport when I flew out to attend Honoring Dane Leimach as a Legend.  I will miss Tony.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tooclose racing

What a nice guy and truly a Penton lover.  I bought my first "Fast by Friedel" 125 Six Day from him, a 72 model and a beautiful restoration!  Before picking it up, I located some 74 35mm forks, sent them to Tony and he completely refurbished and installed them.  I remember he was working on a 495 restoration when I picked up my bike. And I will 2nd what a wonderful wife Tony has.

I was humbled by how genuinely friendly he was when we would cross paths at Mid-O, York, and I think he made it up to Unadilla's AHRMA event a couple of times also.

He has weighed in many times over the years on this forum with advice for others and myself.  

Rest In Peace, Good Sir.

ALB

Tony was a super nice guy. I talked to him many times on the phone regarding the many restorations that he did over the years. I would always look forward to seeing him at the many York swap meets that we attended. :(

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

G Ellis

Lost a great friend.....