WANTED: 175 kickstarter and / or advice

Started by penton117, January 15, 2001, 04:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

Hi fellow POGGERS, does anyone have a kickstarter for my 1972 175 Jackpiner? I have seen others asking for the same thing and now that mine has cracked I must assume this is common problem. No? Has anyone figured out why these things break so easy? Can a different brand be used? Mine is not the type that pivots half way up. It pivots above and below the kick shaft with a large diameter pivot pin pressed through the two pivot points. Any help would be appreciated.

Kip Kern

Contact Al Buehner @ 216-651-6559 and he will fix you up.  Get the two piece style.  Make sure you give the Kick Start shaft diameter as there is two sizes!  Good Luck

DKWRACER

In a pinch the starter lever from a 125cc Sachs will work as the diameter of the splined shaft is the same if you need for smaller shaft...The total length is a bit less requiring a hefty kick, but then again a 175 is not to hard to start....
Good luck...

Thomas Brosius

bkinnon

While on the kickstart topic, I have a '73 Jackpiner that only catches occasionally when kicking it. I bought the bike new and had the same problem back in the '70's. I was told at the time that the kickstart gear was stripped. Does this sound right? Is it easily repaired? Would Al have the part? Thanks in advance for any replies.

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'80 KDX 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (2)
'72 Jackpiner 175 original owner
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

Kip Kern

could be the gears not catching/worn or could be the spring not catching/broken or weak.  In any case, you'll have to split the cases to see the real problem.

Mark Annan

On the subject of kick levers,  Are there different sizes (lengths) of levers for the Sachs motors.  I'm getting tired of snaging the toe of my boot (and the top as well) on the footpeg when I start it.  A longer one would be great.  The one on my Sixday is only 4 3/4" long (center to center)

Larry Perkins

Mark

There are several different length and bend on NOS Sachs kickers.

Mark Annan

Thanks Larry.  What is the longest one you have?  Mine must be the shortest.