1973 Jackpiner 175 Hub Offset Question

Started by johnbowman, December 04, 2019, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbowman

Hello all,

My wheel builder is doing a new set of wheels for a 1973 Jackpiner. Does anyone know the front and rear hub offsets?

Thanks,

John

Dennis DeGonia

Square hubs or the cone shaped ones? I have the early square hubs and the offset is on the brake side measures 1/4" and 11/32 on the drive side. This is what I got when I laid a straight edge across the hub and measured to the edge of the rim. This was on a stock radalli rim.D

johnbowman

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dennis DeGonia

Square hubs or the cone shaped ones? I have the early square hubs and the offset is on the brake side measures 1/4" and 11/32 on the drive side. This is what I got when I laid a straight edge across the hub and measured to the edge of the rim. This was on a stock radalli rim.D

Dennis,

Thanks for the response. My buddy, Steve, is going to send me pictures of the hubs in the morning. I'll try to post them.

John

Dennis DeGonia

Those are the early type hubs, same as mine. Just a note: I have in the past had a problem with the offset on a T100C Triumph. After I mounted the wheel in the swingarm I centered it to the fender and to clearance the chain guard. I did this by loosening the spokes on one side and tightening the spokes on the other. Don't know if this is the correct way to do it, but it worked for me. D

johnbowman

Those are the early type hubs, same as mine. Just a note: I have in the past had a problem with the offset on a T100C Triumph. After I mounted the wheel in the swingarm I centered it to the fender and to clearance the chain guard. I did this by loosening the spokes on one side and tightening the spokes on the other. Don't know if this is the correct way to do it, but it worked for me. D

Dennis,

Thanks for your help. Looks like that will work for the rear hub.

Is the front hub centered? We don't have a Jackpiner available to measure.

John

Dennis DeGonia

I don't have mine off the bike to measure, but there would be no reason to have the front offset that I could think of. D

johnbowman

I don't have mine off the bike to measure, but there would be no reason to have the front offset that I could think of. D

great. Thanks.

Cal Alexander

All of the 1973's with the square or concentric hub are centered. Some of the early 72's (125's and 100's) with the single bolt triple clamps were offset slightly. When I need to offset the front or rear wheel I tru it to center on the rim, then mount it on the bike and pull it to the left or right with an equal number of turns on each side until it is centered with the front forks or swingarm. Then place it back on the truing stand for a final check. Hope this helps.
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others