AHRMA National cc

Started by jbushey, February 09, 2020, 12:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbushey

Two new national cc events in the west  both are in Northern California  beautiful country it would be great to see some eastern riders there https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8W0TTi_i4g

JEFF BUSHEY
JEFF BUSHEY

Pat Oshaughnessy

Where are the 2 events? It looks like around the Susanville | eagle lake area.

jbushey

One is west of Corning in a little town of Chrome and the second is in Canby north of Susanville

JEFF BUSHEY
JEFF BUSHEY

t20sl

I thought AHRMA was supposed to keep speeds down on vintage to lessen injuries.  Where are the chicanes and turns?

wfopete

My issue with AHRMA is too MANY National CC races and too FEW regional races.  Right now the national CC races have exploded in size. Lots of National races leaves it wide open for folks with the time and money to criss cross the country pursuing a cherished #1 plate. In essence; buying their #1 plate.  

I was hoping to see the Regional events grow for those who still work for a living and can't afford to take off 3-5 days and invest $500-$1000 just to get to a national AHRMA CC.  Look at the Great Lakes Region this year.  They are having only 5 events (three 1-day events and one 2-day event, which is a national).  So a CC rider in the GL region invest in a season to ride (maybe) five CC races.  

My suggestion?  More regional 2-day events and less nationals. Have each region allowed one national (preferably a 2-day event) and then a national Grand Finale event at the end of the year at a primo location somewhere in the lower 48 states.

Ok, rant over. My 2 cents and worth every penny.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Mickey Sergeant

Jeff Bushey puts on great fun events.

Richard Colahan

Pete...you are correct with your desire for more regional XC events. But please keep in mind that "AHRMA" as a singular operation can not grow the regional series. That can only happen one way: Region based groups take the initiative to obtain a start area/trail area, do the layout work, promotion work, run the event, maintain the regional point programs, etc , etc, and most important of all..get the region based racers out to enter, enjoy, and return with their buddies. I'll admit those of us in the east are blessed with 2 great regional XC series...in the Mid-Atlantic and the NE Regions. But it has taken years of struggle, commitment and hard work for these series to grow into what they are now. The MA XC series is the fastest growing regional series in the country, with entries typically topping 100. I think you will see the AHRMA officials and off-road coordinator continue to encourage this region based XC growth because they are aware this is the type of series that most racers can support...as you very accurately describe. But they can encourage regional series growth...but they simply can not build it. That can only happen at the regional level.
Quotequote:Originally posted by wfopete

My issue with AHRMA is too MANY National CC races and too FEW regional races.  Right now the national CC races have exploded in size. Lots of National races leaves it wide open for folks with the time and money to criss cross the country pursuing a cherished #1 plate. In essence; buying their #1 plate.  

I was hoping to see the Regional events grow for those who still work for a living and can't afford to take off 3-5 days and invest $500-$1000 just to get to a national AHRMA CC.  Look at the Great Lakes Region this year.  They are having only 5 events (three 1-day events and one 2-day event, which is a national).  So a CC rider in the GL region invest in a season to ride (maybe) five CC races.  

My suggestion?  More regional 2-day events and less nationals. Have each region allowed one national (preferably a 2-day event) and then a national Grand Finale event at the end of the year at a primo location somewhere in the lower 48 states.

Ok, rant over. My 2 cents and worth every penny.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

derek martin

Here's $0.02 worth:
 Regional modern CC series have Super Senior and Golden Master classes where dads and grandads can race while accompanying kids/grandkids racing AA, A, B, etc. or various youth classes. Events are either day trippers or leave Saturday and camp that night, race Sunday and be back Sunday evening. Driving several hundred miles to attend an event for chasing an Ahrma National Championship that , in effect  is an attendance award, is not a competitive option for a lot if not most of the above discussed potential Ahrma competitors. One possible then would be for an Ahrma regional group to join with a modern regional series to offer Ahrma classes on their race day or day before. Have no idea how AMA and Ahrma sanctions could coexist however.

skiracer

I agree!  Chasing all over the country is crazy.  Since moving to Florida, I do more modern races in FL and GA than I do AHRMA events. Most of the races are not vintage, but, and this point of my riding who cares?  Do I really need another metal or plastic trophy in my office?  I go out, ride the best I can, try to have some fun, and call it a day.....

Quotequote:Originally posted by derek martin

Here's $0.02 worth:
 Regional modern CC series have Super Senior and Golden Master classes where dads and grandads can race while accompanying kids/grandkids racing AA, A, B, etc. or various youth classes. Events are either day trippers or leave Saturday and camp that night, race Sunday and be back Sunday evening. Driving several hundred miles to attend an event for chasing an Ahrma National Championship that , in effect  is an attendance award, is not a competitive option for a lot if not most of the above discussed potential Ahrma competitors. One possible then would be for an Ahrma regional group to join with a modern regional series to offer Ahrma classes on their race day or day before. Have no idea how AMA and Ahrma sanctions could coexist however.

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa