Correct tank decals for a 1975 400 ?

Started by Timothy Walls, January 25, 2020, 09:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy Walls

Trying to restore this 75 - 400 to "as it left the factory" that I can . So I see the PENTON decal should be the White letters on Black . What color combo should the top tank stripe be ? The reason I ask this is I bought some decals that came with the center lines black and the two wider lines white . The reason I question this is the original tank had 1- 1" piece of stripe under the tank that is white lines in the center and two wider stripes black . Does anyone know the correct combo ? I've looked at a lot of 400 Pentons and have not found the black stripes center with the white wide outer stripes . T
Timothy Walls

Larry Perkins

The upper center stripe was used only with the bungee straps because the seam showed.  Because they alternated the 250 and 400 were the same up top.  Not really neccessary if you use leather strap.

Timothy Walls

Yes I have the bungee straps so it will show . Just wondering if anyone had ever seen the black lines in the center w/ white wide outer stripe on a 400 ? I do have a Hi-Point tank tool bag that slips under the alum. bungee holder and gas cap . So you would only see the stripe from the gas cap forward . If the decal is wrong they might send me the correct one .

Timothy Walls
Timothy Walls

Carl Hill

I have an original white tank. Stripe is white in the center and black on the edges.