shifter shaft bushing

Started by Toolsurfer, February 26, 2020, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toolsurfer

Looking for shifter shaft bushing for left side clutch cover of my 74 1/2 Harescrambler . If anyone has the correct part # I would appreciate that . Mine has a little to much play and would like to replace if possible or do I have to replace clutch cover?  I have never had a parts catalog with exploded views . I think that this is replaceable? Thanks William

Kip Kern

Replaceable on Sachs cover but not KTM

Toolsurfer

Thanks Kip . Would you suggest another clutch cover? How will I know if that one has slop ?

Kip Kern

I've swapped covers in the past.  You could also machine it and install a bronze bush if you have a good machine shop handy.

Toolsurfer

That is exactly what I was gonna do . Just hate to try this and someone would say oh I tried that and not enough material to retain bushing . Good idea and I think that's the one I will go with . When finished will post results for others. Thanks for input . William

Kip Kern

I've swapped covers in the past.  You could also machine it and install a bronze bush if you have a good machine shop handy.

Toolsurfer

That is exactly what I was gonna do . Just hate to try this and someone would say oh I tried that and not enough material to retain bushing . Good idea and I think that's the one I will go with . When finished will post results for others. Thanks for input . William