35mm Fork Tube needed

Started by Mark Schmidt, May 12, 2020, 12:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Schmidt

I'm looking for qty=1 of a 35mm dia.x 23 1/4" long fork tube for my 1975 Penton 250 if anyone has any out there? My lower housings have the rib on them. One of the tubes has pitting right where the seal rides. Or does anyone know of a hydraulic center that can repair it?

1975 250 HS Penton
1975 400 Mint Penton
1974 XL412 Honda
1974 CR250 Honda Elsinore
1975 250 HS Penton
1987 XR200R Honda
1974 CR250 Honda Elsinore

Larry Perkins

Not sure if they are still around but might try Forking by Frank. Most of the time when someone parts ot forks it is because the tubes are bent so it is harder to find just tubes.  Never hurts to ask though.

Larry P

Toolsurfer

Maybe a plating shop could help your cause if its not bent.

john durrill

Larry is right . They make great replacement tubes but , unless they have changed the tempering on them they can bend on the big hard hitting jumps.
john d.

Dennis DeGonia

Hyd. repair shop. Ones that repair cyls. for forklifts, cats, heavy equip. They shoud be able to hard chrome them.
D

t20sl

Not sure if its tempering or the material he makes the tubes from.  Tried to get the specifics once but they will not say the type of steel they use. I have straightened hundreds of tubes and there is a huge difference between pressure needed to straighten Ceriani vs Franks or Japanese.