***August POG Meeting***

Started by JamesHorwatt, July 29, 2020, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesHorwatt

Good Morning everyone :). The POG August 7th  meeting at KTM in Amherst Ohio is quickly approaching and it has been discussed amongst the elders to not hold our regular monthly meeting. Its just not worth the risk to possibly pass on to or infect a fellow member of the group. We hope everyone understands... Please stay safe.

Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100
Secretary Penton Owners Group.
Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100

johnbowman

That's a bummer. I just came in from working on my Pentons in the garage and saw this. I'm coming to the AHRMA Ashtabula race. I was going to come early to attend the meeting. Of course, I completely understand. I knew that I missed a golden opportunity at Barber to get a picture with John and Jack. I wasn't a Penton Owners Group member at the time, so I didn't want to crowd out the faithful.

Hopefully, one day soon, this mess will be over with. I would love to get to meet the old timers and get a few pictures.

Quotequote:Originally posted by JamesHorwatt

Good Morning everyone :). The POG August 7th  meeting at KTM in Amherst Ohio is quickly approaching and it has been discussed amongst the elders to not hold our regular monthly meeting. Its just not worth the risk to possibly pass on to or infect a fellow member of the group. We hope everyone understands... Please stay safe.

Thanks Jim

1975 175 Cross County
1972 Six-day
1971 Berkshire 100

Paul Danik

Hi John,

I can guarantee you that John Penton most assuredly would love to have his picture taken with you, and anyone else for that matter, with no thought what so ever about POG membership. Don't ever hesitate to meet "The Man" when the opportunity arises. Of course that includes his sons Jack, Jeff and Tom if they are there as well.

A number of times when I have been with John where he has had folks lined up to meet him at an event, as we drove home he would smile and exclaim in his normal excited tone how amazed he was at how many folks he got to meet and talk to. The feeling of gratitude of having the opportunity to meet each other seems to go both ways when it comes to John Penton. :D

Paul

johnbowman

Hello Paul,

I hope that you are doing well and staying safe. Thanks for taking the time to respond. It just exemplifies the spirit of the Penton community.

When things clear up, I plan on coming to the POG meeting. I'm going to bring a Penton gas tank for John and the group to sign. And, I hope to meet as many of you guys as possible. The more I research and read about the Penton story, the more impressed that I am with all of the people involved. It's about a twelve hour drive for me, but I know that it would be well worth the drive.

I have a 2018 KTM 350 EXC-F that I just got back from riding in Colorado. I was playing on the trails as other guys struggled to just get to the summits. Owning several Pentons now, I can directly see where the DNA of that KTM came from. I am still amazed at how far ahead of their time the Penton motorcycles were. John really got it right with the high-performance, lightweight, easy to maintain, and easy to ride bike. KTM is smart to be using his concepts to this day.

I just wish that more people knew his story. It is truly amazing how he made his vision of a motorcycle reality. And, all of you guys that used the Penton motorcycle to compete on the world stage for America are walking history.

I better get back to work to afford my motorcycle habit! Hope to see all of you soon. Stay safe.

John

Paul Danik

John,

Awhile back, I sort of remembered Jack Penton mentioning something about attending the Ashtabula AHRMA race, while talking with him this morning I asked him about it and he said that he is going to be there on Saturday. I then asked if his dad was going along and he said he is, so there you go John, you will have John and Jack Penton cheering you on as you race your Penton :D

Remember to pack anything you want them to sign as this should be a golden opportunity to get their autographs.

Paul

johnbowman

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

John,

Awhile back, I sort of remembered Jack Penton mentioning something about attending the Ashtabula AHRMA race, while talking with him this morning I asked him about it and he said that he is going to be there on Saturday. I then asked if his dad was going along and he said he is, so there you go John, you will have John and Jack Penton cheering you on as you race your Penton :D

Remember to pack anything you want them to sign as this should be a golden opportunity to get their autographs.

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the awesome news! I can't wait.
I spent all day working on the bike. I'll do my rookie best to represent the name well. No matter how I do in the races, it will be worth the twelve hour drive to see John and Jack!

Have a good one.

John