ISO Harescrambler Exhaust

Started by PentonGirl21, August 18, 2020, 09:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PentonGirl21

Building a 1973 Harescrambler 250.
Looking for a unmolested exhaust.
Any help would be great!

[email protected]

"All I ever wanted was a lightweight motorcycle that I could rely on. I never realized that I was redefining the sport." - John Penton
\\"Penton Ways, Every Day.\\" -21v

Daniel P. McEntee

If there is anything out there in Penton parts that is as rare as chicken lips, it's a complete '73 Harescrambler exhaust in any condition. I got luck with mine, and Chicago Jerry alerted me to one he saw on eBay several years ago that needed some welding, but was complete with the fish tail silencer. I think Roberto had his supplier make some of these with the silencer, and while they cost a pretty penny, you would pay about the same for a new old stock one if you could find it. Dale Fisher could hook you up with the web site that he placed his order with for some other reproduction pipes and you could check that out. Good luck with your Harescrambler. Mine isn't really finished, but will get after that thing when retirement hits next year. The yellow (or gold to some people) is probably my favorite Penton.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Larry Perkins

Absolutely!  The 73 exhaust and the 68 airbox

Larry P

KJDonovan

Sam,

Do you have any portion of your Hare Scrambler pipe that is still intact?  I ask because I rebuilt a 73 Hare pipe for someone else last winter.  Process was tedious, but the results were good.  The only discernable difference is the elbow and shroud on the original pipes have a raised seam that runs along the horizontal main axis and one that I did does not have that seam.  Other than that, fit is the same and looks decent.   The link below illustrates the process.

I would add that I will be doing another one of these pipes in the Fall and if you want to go the same route, I can do yours at the same time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WWrb9LGAQG16GfoV9

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

firstturn

Beautiful work Kevin.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

PentonGirl21

Kevin I would have no problem shipping you my exhaust and you doing the work. Absolutely beautiful job. If you are up for it just let me know a good time to ship you mine. I do need to purchase a repop exhaust end from Roberto.

I also have a jackpiner exhaust that is not so pretty but everything is there including the original end. Is this something you might be able to do as well? they added a section to it and the tab does not line up at all. Not the best wprk. If you are up for that as well let me know and i can send them the same time if need be.

I really appreciate it!

"All I ever wanted was a lightweight motorcycle that I could rely on. I never realized that I was redefining the sport." - John Penton
\\"Penton Ways, Every Day.\\" -21v

KJDonovan

Sam,

I'll email you.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler