Pentons at Red Bud

Started by Dave Withrow, October 21, 2002, 09:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

The Great Lakes Post Vintage series and The Michigan Vintage series combined and held thier season finales at Red Bud raceway on OCT 19th.  Wet..muddy..cold.  Not exactly MX weather, but that didn't hold off 4 Pentonians.  Myself, Justin Illg, Rik Smits, and a local rider from nearby Niles, MI held their own.  I didn't get complete race results, but after a few calls I did get the season results listed below:
   Dave Withrow-series title winner for GLPV and Michigan series in Historic 500 Nov. on a '77 Penton 400 MC
   Justin Illg-Finished 2nd for the season in Ultima 125 Int. and 2nd in Open age Int. on a '81 KTM 125
   Rik Smits-Finished the season 2nd in GP 250 Nov. and 2nd in Open age Nov. on a '81 KTM 250
   We missed you Mike Lenz.  Hope your ankle is better.
   It's been a fun season.  Good luck to those riding the ISDT reunion.  Have a heathy off-season and I'll see you guys in the spring.

Mick Milakovic

Dave,
Red Bud was a great weekend to pick for my return after a 15-year absence!  Congratulations on your season.  I was wondering:  how many races does the Michigan Vintage Series run?  I saw the Great Lakes series on the AHRMA site, but don't remember the Michigan series.  Just trying to set a schedule for next year!
Mick

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
[email protected]
Mick

Dave Withrow

Mike ,
   I must have missed you at Red Bud...sorry.  Tom Holscher is the coordinator for both GLPV and Michigan series.  The Michigan series this year was 4 races...Log Road, Portland, Battle Creek, and Red Bud.  Maybe more next year.  Welcome back.
              Dave