100-125 SWINGARM BOLT

Started by Larry Perkins, November 15, 2020, 01:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Could someone tell me the thread pitch on a CMF 100-125 swingarm?  I believe it to be 14mm but am not sure of pitch.  Any help appreciated.

Larry P

firstturn

14mm X 1.5......thank Dane Liembach for this information.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Wish I could thank Dane one more time!  

Larry P

Daniel P. McEntee

One tool that everyone that wrenches on their own bikes should have in their tool box is a thread pitch gauge set. Both standard and metric. These are not expensive and you could probably find good used ones on eBay and such. Another handy companion tool is a set of thread files for cleaning up damaged male threads. They can double as a thread gauge also, and they are not expensive either. I learned how to use them in my work and they saved my bacon a lot of times, so I added them to my home tool box also. You may get to be really familiar with thread sizes from working on the same type but every once in a while you come across something you haven't seen before.
   And Dane provided me with some technical information unsolicited once also when my brother, nephew and I first started to encounter the mysterious sheared key syndrome on certain vintage Huskies. Dane emailed me with the story behind what was going on and how to rectify it. I got to buy him dinner at the reunion ride at Zinc Ranch once during an ISDT Reunion Ride in 2008 I think?? He didn't have a meal ticket, and they were sold out, and I happened to over hear him talking about it. I had an extra due to my younger brother not being able to attend that year, so offered it up to Dane.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

Type at you later