width of 1973 penton rear steel rims?

Started by pklinck, February 20, 2021, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pklinck

Anyone know the width of those 72-73' 6-day chrome radaelli rear rims??  are they "1.60 or 1.85"?? let me know.  there is a website supplier of OEM radaelli shouldered steel rims: motocicliVeloci.it.

thanks,

peter klinck
peter klinck

pklinck

Yes, i was referring to the metric width of the 72-73 radaelli steel, shouldered chrome rims used on pentons. My question is what is the "technical" width of these rims?? using a tape measure, they seem to be 2-2.50" wide.  would this mean the rim widths are 1.60, 1.85 or 2.00 is a metric measurement???

let me know,  thanks

PS: i'm building a 73' Berkshire penton which has a 302 stamped frame though it is not "high Breather".  those 72' frames left over were stamped and sold in early 73' but had the 73' swing arm,  VDO cable in the front wheel, 7" travel ceranis and with aluminum fenders, all original..very Kool.

peter klinck
peter klinck

pklinck

just confirmed the width of the steel, radaelli, shouldered, chrome rims on pentons in 1972-3'.  they are measured in terms of width, of the iside of the rim where the side walls of the tire sit down into or no the rim.  it measures 1.60 inches or about 1 5/8" wide.  there is a supplier in Italy who reproduces the radaelli shouldered , chrome rim to dimensions, 36 spoke x 1.60" Aimon Sport model.  i'll get the name of the website for ordering as they also supply OEM CEV lighting supplies too.

peter klinck
peter klinck

pklinck

the website for the OEM penton 72-73' bikes with the shouldered radaelli, chrome rims can be purchased for 80-85 euros on a credit card from; //www.motocicliveloci.it, an italian company.

peter klinck
peter klinck