I Now Own A Penton

Started by Darvin Jahnke, December 04, 2012, 09:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darvin Jahnke

A while ago I joined this forum to learn about Pentons and hoped to someday own one. Well,I now own one,sort of. It's a basketcase 125 Six Days That I'm told is a 1974. My plan is to build it into a period correct race bike and not to do a 100% restoration. Now for the questions. What size and type of forks will fit and be correct? I know I can make about anything fit but I don't want to alter the original frame. Are there certain years and models that parts interchange? For instance I need a front hub. Thanks in advance for any help.

chicagojerry

welcome to the finest, best informed vintage bike owners group in existence. there is no finer place to garner the info you seek than right here. again, welcome.... try to figure out how to post some pictures of you have here and that will help us give you more info.  use the search mode to search for how to post pictures or someone else will chime in to help you   chicago jerry

seanguthrie

Welcome and yes, what Jerry said.  Get pictures, close ups and high resolution!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

tomale

Way to go, I do not know much about the 125's I was too big to ever ride them. Jerry is of course right. I belong to a number of other chat groups but this is by far the best.
I believe the right forks are the 32 cerani's. I have seen larger forks put on them in an effort to stiffen up the front end. It is not a bad idea but you need to do a bunch of work to get them so that the bike sits the way it should. Glad you are here, Welcome.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Jkerr1

I just got my first one also!  REALLY EXCITED!  Gonna need parts for sure.  Getting ready to tear into it starting tonight.  1972 125 six days!  Jeff

Mx360guy

This is for Jkerr1. I can't reply to you Jeff so try here. I have a rough but complete '72 Six days. Send me your email address.
Tracy in Southern California.

Tracy Howell
Tracy Howell

Mx360guy

Testing for Jeff. Jeff please see my post if this works.
Tracy

Tracy Howell
Tracy Howell

Jkerr1

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mx360guy

Testing for Jeff. Jeff please see my post if this works.
Tracy

Tracy Howell
[email protected]   jkerr!