Low-breather frame and 35mm Ceriani

Started by veelab, November 24, 2002, 11:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veelab

Hi, -

can I use a 35mm Ceriani fork (from a '75 SixDays) with a '72 low-breather frame?

Thanks,
Bernd

john durrill

Bernd,
 we use them  ( 35 MM )on my 73 high breather. the frame is almost identical except for the downtube and just above the Air box.
 We had to machine up the axel to make the wheel work.
 i would say yes and get the axle from the 35 mm front end to save you some time and money.
John & Peter

Doug Wilford

John wow!!   Yes the 35 mm will work on the 72 frame, just do it, as far as I remember we used the same axel.  I know that some of the models the front wheel was laced off center  which John corrected by axel modifications.

john durrill

Doug,
 you made me go back and look to see why I did the axle stuff! chuckle chuckle
I got a used fork assemble from Larry. it was a good one just needed cleaning.
 on that front end we found the heavy end of the  axle ,with the handle would not pull through the forks all the way and left us with just a few threads to attach the axle nut with. we punched out the handle and rewleded it to the end of the axle. before we reattached the axle we found still not enough threads to get into the nylon of the axle nut so it wouldn't lock. that's when we machined back the step to allow the axle to draw through enough for the axle nut to lock .
 did I explain this right? lol its a lot of words for something that's easy to see with the parts in your hands.

veelab

Thanks for the answers! I actually have wheel and axle for the 35mm fork as well.

Bernd