Youth Bike Giveaway

Started by Mike Lenz, May 06, 2023, 10:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

Just read newsletter and Rick B is asking for parts for the youth bike giveaway. Are we keeping it mostly OEM, or more of how a vintage racer would be set up? My question is, I have a carb I would be willing to donate and will include a throttle and cable if you want a 314 throttle. I also have a skid plate.

Rick Bennett

Until donated parts start arriving, it is hard to answer that question. As long as we end up with a good running presentable machine, I guess I don't have a problem going either way. We never really discussed this point at the meeting when I presented the idea. My idea was just to get a nice Six Days in to a deserving kids hands. It should be someone that doesn't currently own a Penton, but has the desire to own one and become part of the future of the POG. If any of you know of a youth like this, get them started writing that Dear John letter. They can be mailed directly to me at 15815 Thompson Road, Thompson, Ohio 44086.

Rick Bennett

One of the first items I need is a good ribbed rear rim if anyone has a spare.

Mike Lenz

Can you give us an updated list on what your looking for. I want to help in some way. Is this a OEM bike (as much as possible), or a bike set up like a vintage racer would set up one today?
TY

Mike Lenz

This would be the perfect spot to keep track of what's still needed, and what has been provided. I would like to supply the cables. I have some extra. Which throttle do you have? I also have yellow number plates if you want them (how many?). I have a 26mm Bing cleaned up with new slide, 40-404 atomizer and proper jetting, ready to go. I have an undented 72 pipe shield...but it is painted (dark gun metal color). I have a straight rear wheel, but rim has some rust. It could be cleaned up and channels painted, as I have done in the past to look pretty good? Also have rear brake pedal, rear brake stay arm, rear axle, rear engine mount, new rear 428 sprocket (60 teeth).
Let me know!