75 Penton. (I think)

Started by AndyL, December 01, 2002, 11:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyL

I read the site pretty much every day and now I need some help.

I picked up what I think is a 75 Penton 175 yesterday.  After reading some of the postings here, I think I am correct but figured I would check with the experts.

The numbers from the right side engine case are:  5-527892

The numbers from the steering head are: 54504 83591

It has a silver KTM motor, Magura perches and levers, blue fiberglass tank, high shoulder rims and the shocks are laid down at almost a 45 degree angle, and the frame where the shocks mount are "flattened out".  Preston Petty fenders, and it does hvae the remains of a headlight mount and switch on the bars.  Came with a Mikuni but I dont know if it belongs or not (doesnt look like it does)  The motor is frozen tight but I will start soaking it tonight.

My questions of the qroup: (educate me o wise ones!)
So, what do I have?
Where can I find a manual for it?
Where can I find a pipe for it?
The number plate/exhaust shield is missing, can I find that as well.

Thanks in advance for the help

Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Larry Perkins

You have a 1975 KTM/Penton 175 Jackpiner.  I have reprints of the motor manual, a couple of used pipes, and remakes of the sidepanel in sets only.  They are white plastic and are like the Falk/HIPOINT accessory ones but better palstic.  If any of this is helpful e-mail me at [email protected].

AndyL

Thanks Larry!
I will give you a shout off line.

Also, I have "un-stuck" several motors in the past, some rusted beyond help, and others that where savable.  Are there any tricks (other than some heat, Kroil, patience and maybe a wheel puller) that are specific for the KTM motors?

Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA