Seeking ISDT veterans

Started by Jeff D, December 15, 2002, 07:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

Still on the hunt for all US Six Days Trials veterans to notify them about the 2003 ISDT Reunion Ride to be held in western Massachusetts, a celebration of the 30th anniversary of the 48th ISDT held in 1973, Dalton Mass.  If you rode the Six Days or know someone who did, please reply to me off-thread at [email protected].
For further info see //www.reunionride.com, //www.pathfindersmc.org, or //www.isdt.org.
Note that all bikes MUST be street legal for 2003 as public and state forestry roads will be utilized to make this Reunion Ride a wonderful remembrance of 1973 Dalton experience.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Paul Danik

I have been looking for Don Stover whom I believe was from Cal.  After the 1974 ISDT I was given the 250 Penton that he rode in Italy to see what I thought of riding a larger machine. Before I started racing that machine in hare-scrambles and the like, I took off the left and right numberplates that were hand lettered in Italy by a little old man.  I still have those numberplates and would like to get them to Don. I'll never forget this little old guy going around and hand painting everyone's numberplates.  Any help in locating Don would be appreciated.

tlanders

Rosemary and I are REALLY looking forward to next year's ISDTRR. The reason? Rosemary and I went to and I rode in the 1971 Berkshire Two Day International Trial on my new Penton steel tank Six Day. Is there anyway we can find out of the people coming to the ISDTRR who were at the Bershire also in 1971. I would love to exchange war stories with them. I have enjoyed riding my Piner in the last two ISDTRRs, but I am planning on taking my steel tank to the Bershires next fall just for old times sake!!! A few years ago before I got the Penton out of moth balls, I found the program from the 1971 Bershire race and the results. It was interesting to note that out of the 128 125cc entries that started the first day, there were only about 26 of us left that started the second day. It was brutal!!!! Hopefully they will take into account we and the bikes are 30 years older now and not make it so brutal!!!! Now, of course, I can't find the program. It is lost somewhere in our house!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Teddy

Mike OReilly

Paul: What an amazing story in regard to those numberplates. You showed a great deal of foresight in preserving what are now very special momentoes, but which were probably lost to the passage of time for most of the other bikes at that event. Good for you.
    Although I never rode the Berkshire my history is at the Corduroy Enduro here in Canada. This year is the 50th anniversary of the running of the "Cord" (and still going strong). I expect to attend and take part in a ceremonial start, and to represent the Penton marque (Geez, I remember the ceremonial start for the 25th...can it really be that many years??.
     The Corduroy will serve as a warm-up for the ISDTRR. I will be bringing a couple of Pentons down from Canada. In terms of ISDT vets and getting the work out in the Toronto area, I'm sure that Helmut Clasen will have that well covered.

Paul Danik

Mike, Please list any info on this years Corduory that you may have, such as date, milage,location, ect.  Do they have a website?  Besides riding the Jackpine with Ted del Solar, I would also love to get to ride in your Canadian event. Do the machines have to be street legal?   As far as Don Stover's numberplates go, I would agree with you that I had great forsight, if I had kept the bike!!!!! I imagine it is around here somewhere and I will keep an eye out for it, that would be a great restoration project.

BrianTaylor

Paul the bike will have to be road legal and the event will be posted probally at this site when it its updated....http://www.netaccess.on.ca/~steelcity/index.htm......Brian Taylor CDN six day VET.

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

dirtbike

I'm also very interested in coming in contact with former ISDT riders to complete my history at: http://www.mxbikes.com/vintage

Anybody that has something to say about the event is more than welcomed and I would be very happy for any rememberworth story.