Merry Christmas

Started by Kip Kern, December 18, 2002, 08:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Before I forget it, I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I hope 2003 is a great year for all and that each of your "Penton Sportsmotorcycle" dreams come true!

Doug Wilford

Ditto- Ditto  Thanks Kip!

Mick Milakovic

My best regards for the season also!

Many times we forget why this season exists at all.  I have five children, and all own their own bikes.  You can imagine the excitement around our house for Christmas morning!  Anyway, in order to keep grounded, my wife and I require our children to do a seasonal service project for someone less fortunate.  Sometimes baking cookies, raking leaves or going charoling is all it takes for us to feel better about everything we have.

On a personal note, I just want to tell all you Poggers out there what a joy I have in being involved with this organization!  Even tho my experience is short and my contact has just been on the "net", I can feel the honest character that is shown by all.  God bless you all this season, and I can't wait to meet every one of you next year!

Mick Milakovic
Delphi, IN
765-268-2570
Mick

tlanders

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!! We all have so much to be thankful for, especially that God sent His son to die on a cross so that we can be saved from our separation from Him. Thank you God for sending us your son and thank you Jesus for suffering so much pain so that we can be reconciled to your Father, God.

Teddy

clayman

Merry Christmas to you, too, Kip! Teddy,thanks for your inspirational message of what Christmas is all about: Jesus' birth and also what He'd later do on the cross for us so that we can have healing & hope and be with our Heavenly Father for eternity if we accept His salvation plan.
Merry Christmas to all fellow POGers,
Clay

Dave Withrow

AMEN to that Teddy. Have a happy and safe holiday guys.
           Dave

Mike Lenz

I wrote this a few years ago for Al Buehner. I think you might get a kick out of it. I call it A Penton Owners Group Christmas.

Twas the night before christmas when all through the house not a creature was stirring,not even John Penton, who stirs more than a mouse!

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there!

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,while visions of KTM 50's danced in their heads. And Mama in her Penton t-shirt, and I in my 30 year anniversary limited edition KTM cap, had just settled down for a long winters nap.

When out on the roof there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. It sounded like Al Buehner on his Penton 250 flat tracker!! Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutter, and threw open the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow gave the luster of midday, to objects below,when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a HUGE slay, Al Buehner and eight mighty dirt bikes to steer!!

With a little mid aged driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be Al Buehner posing as St. Nick! More rapid than Goodyear Eagles, his courses they came, and he whistled and shouted, and called them by name.

Now Birkshire! Now Six Days!
Now Jackpiner and Hare Scrambler!
On Mint, On XC!
On EXC and SX!
To the top of the porch!
To the top of the wall!
Now dash away! Dash away!
Dash away all!

As dry leaves that before the wild knobbys fly, When they meet with an obstacle, they shoot into the sky! So up to the house top MX course they flew. With a sleigh full of Penton parts...and Al Buehner too!

And then in a twinkling, I heard on the roof top the sounds of mighty two stroke engines going POP POP. AS I drew in my head and was tuurning around, down the chimney Al Buehner came with a bound!

Hwe was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with ashes, and exhaust soot. A bundle of Penton parts he had flung on his back, and he looked like a swap meet peddler, just opening his pack.

His eyes-how they twinkled! His dimples-how merry! His cheeks were like red gas tanks, his knose like a cherry! His droll little mouth was drawn like a bow, with a mustache so long, it almost reached clear to his toe. The stump of a smashed exhaust pipe he held tight in his teeth, and the smoke, it encircled his head like a wreath. He had a slender face, and actually no belly. But it still shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly!

He was skinny and wiry, but a right jolly old self. And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself. A wink of his eye and a twist of his head soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word , but went straight to his work, and filled all the stockings with NOS goodies, and then turned with a jerk. Laying his finger aside of his nose and giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a kickstart, and away they all flew, just like it was a race start! They did a berm shot off the neighbors house! I thought they would crash, but they only went BOUNCE! Then I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

tomale

Merry Christmas to all of you as well. May you find the Christ of Christmas in everyday of the year. I love this time of year and I love being with my family and sharing the joy and love. But with out Jesus there would be nothing to celebrate at all.
I know I am brand new to this group and I hope you don't mind me saying so, I have really enjoyed my time reading what others have said. This is what I always knew was possible for a bunch of guys that cared about there bikes and care about their fellow rides. You demonstrate everyday that dirt riders are some of the nicest people on God's Green earth.
God bless you one and all!

Thom Green,I bought and raced my 76 250 MC5 in 76'and 77' but I am just now getting back into riding again.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

bigdanracer

Merry X-Mas from the west coast POGers. You guys shared a lot of wonderful sentaments.. I would like to add dittos and may everyone hopefully have a wonderful 2003.
God bless. Pray for America.

Pray for America.

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 49, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.