1971 125 Penton

Started by clayman, January 02, 2003, 06:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

I am missing the flywheel side cover on my 1971 Penton 125, which utilizes the engine ID tag. This particular model uses the 125 A/5 speed motor, doesn't it??? I am missing so many parts for this bike, such as tank, seat, pipe and airbox, that I am starting to wonder if it's even worth restoring it??

As a true Penton loyalist, I probably should go through with this major "winter project". I could also use a "correct" rear wheel, as someone had grafted a rear wheel from another brand. Does anyone know if a rear wheel from a DKW will work, or not???
Thank you,
Clay

Kip Kern

Clay  Don't give up!  I probably have some/most of the stuff you need but I'am in the process of building a new shop and everything is in storage.  Won't be done for a month or two.  Make a list, check it twice, and drop me a line next month!  I average a year per bike in restoration so don't panic, it all takes time!

Kip Kern

Clay  Don't give up!  I probably have some/most of the stuff you need but I'am in the process of building a new shop and everything is in storage.  Won't be done for a month or two.  Make a list, check it twice, and drop me a line next month!  I average a year per bike in restoration so don't panic, it all takes time!

clayman

Kip,
Thank you, sir. I won't give up! I went to a salvage yard yesterday and missed out on one which had everything that I needed. The owner simply "gave the thing away", literally.

That was frustrating, although it sounds like you have everything I need to finish mine, and I thank you!
Clay