Replacement ignition systems

Started by Mark Annan, December 18, 2002, 06:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Want a replacement ignition system with lighting capability?  How about a well regulated 12 volt 100watt system?  There is a German company that sells modern replacement ignition/charging systems for classic motorcycles.  I found a web site for them a couple of years ago, at the time they didn't have much listed except for East German machines.  They have now expanded their list of bikes/engines that they have fitments for.  The flywheel, stator, and associated mounting hardware are very similar in size and configuration to Motoplat and Bosch components.  They have the Sachs 1251 series engine listed, and the Hercules K125 bike listed (uses the Sachs engine) in their fitments section.  I thought some of the guys here would be interested.

Maybe we can get together and order a batch of them.  What do you think?

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.dynamo.mz-b.de/

Mark

john durrill

great site Mark, thank you
John & Peter

TGTech

I have made preliminary contact with the company, and hope to get specifications back to see if we can include their present product line in our product line up, and then to potentially expand to the KTM engines as well. I will keep you posted as (hopefully) things develop.

Dane Leimbach
Penton Imports Co., Inc.

Big Bob

I would be interested in one, I'll be watching for more info.

Mark Annan

Dane,

That would be great!  I think you guys would be an ideal importer/distributor for them.  I think a fully capable ignition / lighting / charging system that will bolt on in place of a Bosch or Motoplat system will be a good seller, especially if the price can be kept in the range they have quoted on their web site.  Keep us posted.

Mark

TGTech

After sending a letter to the company about the ignitions, I received an automatic letter back, telling me that they were closed for the holidays. Then today, I received a quick note from an "Edgar" asking me for some technical limits, with the caution, that they tend to shy away from competition equipment. I will send him some specs on Monday, with the hopes that they can fall within the limits of our machines.

I am looking at this from a couple of different directions, both for the vintage market as well as the current machines that do not have the lighting capability or rotary mass for hare scrambles or enduro use.

More later.

Dane

TGTech

I have been in contact with the ignition firm and am presently awaiting word on pricing and availability of the ignitions for the Sachs and KTM engines.

Dane Leimbach

crash carden

Dane,I would be interested in this ignition system for my 72 KTM 175cc. Hope they can help us out! Thanks for your research Mark& Dane I'll be looking forward to more news.Thanks again, Crash.